Follansbee book stand

Bombarde16

Home stretch. I'm finishing the uprights. dcc0cc1e9dd793b7e48be4b200380e86.jpg Decided to do a pair with heavier, spiral finials. I'll probably do the other pair with the same finials as in the prototype. Carving is fun but these things need to get under their respective trees soon. 58dc9e6e4ed6f9c784acb560154c7b32.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Two spirals done. Next two uprights will have the same finials as Follansbee's prototype. 9a1e8c420fa1876625d4861ed0ca6011.jpg Fun trick and it's not nearly as difficult as it looks; I see myself doing this again in future projects. All done with a scrap of paper (no real measuring, per se) a saw and a bench chisel. With hindsight, it strikes me that this is a detail best used in the middle of a spindle, not at the end. Oh well. Santa's sleigh leaves soon and I just need to get these done. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5a3b33bea22201584ed0ab72b5f1c417.jpg Who's a blinking idiot who can't follow his own plans? I'm a blinking idiot who can't follow his own plans. Correct length for the feet is 1 3/4". Somehow, the one on the left ended up being 2" long. Design mod! Just make another foot to match and call it correct. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

OK, well call these "done" with an asterisk. One has been given to a coworker who's getting moved to a new office after the new year. Here it is on the wreckage of his current desk as he packs up.

c15b418f831f34e2a96300ed631ff923.jpg

The other is still in pieces. I've fitted and pre finished it, but it needs to go in my luggage tomorrow. Final assembly will happen when it gets to its final destination. I probably won't get to stage a glamour photo of it, but oh well.

Interesting design and thanks to Mr. Follansbee for popularizing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...