Forum Ads and Support

I don't know what "20$" or "30$" means, so I'm not sure if it warrants sympathy or not.  Is that some kind of Canutian code you're speaking in?  :confused:

Imagine that? Another culture that doesn't do things exactly like you? Hard to imagine I know. 

Unfortunately, i am from french Canada. I grew up, like everyone here, putting the dollar sign after the number. 

Symbol for the Canadian dollar in French

In general texts

In a French document, when you need to specify the type of dollar (Canadian, American, Australian, etc.), the Translation Bureau recommends using the symbol $ CA to represent the Canadian dollar.

The symbol $ CA is composed of the dollar sign ($) and CA, the country code established by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) to represent Canada.

The dollar sign is placed to the right of the dollar figure. Use a non-breaking space after the dollar figure, and between the dollar sign and the country code:

• 25,99 $ CA

Note that the symbols Can and CDN, with or without the dollar sign, are not recommended:

• 1,65 $ CA (not $ Can, $ CDN)

In addition, do not place the dollar sign after the country code, and do not omit the space between the dollar sign and the country code:

• 2,50 $ CA (not CA $ or CA$)

Note: The symbol $ CAN is also correct. However, out of a desire for standardization, the Translation Bureau recommends $ CA for use in French.

Source: http://www.bt-tb.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/btb.php?lang=eng&cont=075

Imagine that? Another culture that doesn't do things exactly like you? Hard to imagine I know. 

Unfortunately, i am from french Canada. I grew up, like everyone here, putting the dollar sign after the number.

But you're not in French Canada here...this is 'murica! :D

You know I'm just messin' with ya.  I find your weirdness endearing.  Kind of.

• Like 2