Help me out, what is this thing used for?


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like it could almost be a drawplate for making wire. By the looks of the holes, though, I am inclined against that. Maybe they were in a better condition before? It would produce a double half round wire, and the holes might be of slightly decreasing size. From the angle of the photo, however, it is difficult to tell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...

it sure looks like a screw/bolt threading tool to me. Peter Ross uses one very similar making the hardware for Roy Underhill's Gate a few seasons ago. Episode "Field gate Hinges" right around 22 min into the program Peter has this tool in use. hope this helps

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 0:42 AM, davestanton said:

Hey guys. I am going through my great grandfather's carpentry toolbox and have come accross a few things I need a hand identifying. Any ideas on this one?




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 71 Guests (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    Total Members
    Most Online
    John Nalbone
    Newest Member
    John Nalbone