band saw tire,

ncfowler

sometimes it just not worth getting up in the morning, ever have one of those days where everything you touch goes to pot? Last week I was getting ready to cut something on my band saw, when I turned it on the upper tire broke off the wheel,, Great! with a little research I was able to order a new set. It came in on Friday as I was packing up for our last craft show, I took a quick look and notice this was going to be a job for an latter time,  Well the show was a bust, rain, tight wallets, and so on, When I came back late Sunday I decided to try to fit the belts, instructions said heat the tire in hot water and pry it over the wheel,  nothing about how to keep the dam thing from slipping off every time you put pressure on it, well after many attempts, and lots of choice words I was able to get it placed, fired it up and made sure it ran right, I did some test cuts and had to do several minor adjustments, I did not replace the lower tire but after making my adjustments I am thinking about replacing it, the lower wheel is in good shape, what do you all think?

My thinking is both tires have been on the saw the same length of time and have the same wear. Replace both since the other one could fail at any moment and it will never be a convenient moment.  Also, replace it while you're in the swing of things and you don't have to remember later, "Now how did I do that?"