Jet Clamps Sale Thread

Dnorris1369

What's quality like compared to jets?

I would consider them fairly close.    I think generally people say Jet == Bessey and those slightly greather than Jorgy, but I own Jets and have messed with the Jorgys at Menards and they feel about the same.    Sometimes I even wish I had Jorgy instead because the little release lever on the Jets rarely seems to agree with me.

FYI, I think that the Jet clamp sale isn't exclusive to Woodcraft.  At least it wasn't last year.  I'm trying to dig up where I bought mine last year, but as long as the distributor honors the sale price you are good to go.  I think I bought at acmetools last year.

Just be sure to try to get ordered as soon as the website shows they are on sale.  I remember reading some who didn't order till later in the day waited a long time for their clamps to come in.

Going to build up my stock of 12" this year, after getting 6x of most of the longer sizes last year.

You are aware...there's no rule that says you have to glue up every box you make in your entire life all at exactly the same time...?

Titebond takes about a half hour to set enough so you can take most glueups out of the clamps.  Surely you can find something else to do for thirty minutes?  Try ass scratching...it kills a ton of time in my shop,

I have four of each size.  I could probably live with twice that many if I had a lot more space and a lot more money...but I can't imagine owning more than that.  Stock up on F-styles if you want a ton of something.

• Like 2

You are aware...there's no rule that says you have to glue up every box you make in your entire life all at exactly the same time...?

Titebond takes about a half hour to set enough so you can take most glueups out of the clamps.  Surely you can find something else to do for thirty minutes?  Try ass scratching...it kills a ton of time in my shop,

I have four of each size.  I could probably live with twice that many if I had a lot more space and a lot more money...but I can't imagine owning more than that.  Stock up on F-styles if you want a ton of something.

Hang on here Eric are you saying that I should not contribute to Black Friday madness... I say BLASPHEMER!!! burn him at the stake...

Oh and good point regarding the glue-ups and the ass scratching as well.

• Like 1

I ordered 4 of the 12" from woodcraft. I don't care too much how long they take to get here. I'm trying to have 6 of each. So 2 more 24", 2 more 12" and 4 more 48" (jorgy) and my parallel clamp collection will be complete. Unless I get a bigger space where I can glue more than one thing at a time.

Oh and just went back and ordered 10 12" F styles. Cheaper than HF, can't see why not.

Edited by Cliff

Question, although it's not clamps but is Jet, so hopefully not considered as a hj? I'm thinking of getting the Jet air filtration system that is currently 30% off. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I have the smallest, AF1000 I think and between it and my cyclone it does a great job. I start it before I start cutting and then run it for 30m after I'm done and I don't get any significant dust gathering on any surfaces. My shop is about 20x15 and 8' ceilings. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I ordered 4 of the 12" from woodcraft. I don't care too much how long they take to get here. I'm trying to have 6 of each. So 2 more 24", 2 more 12" and 4 more 48" (jorgy) and my parallel clamp collection will be complete. Unless I get a bigger space where I can glue more than one thing at a time.

Oh and just went back and ordered 10 12" F styles. Cheaper than HF, can't see why not.

I'm confused, did the sale start already?