Jet Clamps Sale Thread

Dnorris1369

The experience has been disappointing (I blame Jet, not Woodcraft, etc for the grossly insufficient quantities.).

I tried Woodcraft, Acme and Amazon websites yesterday night up till about 11:30 pm EST.  Clamps were either full price or listed at sale price but could not be placed in cart.  

Tried again at 6, 8 & 9 am EST with same results.  

I tried the Rockler website and the clamps are listed as temporarily out of stock, but they excepted my order at the sale price.  I'll have to wait and see if the order gets filled at sale price.

Economy shipping was $20 and I did have to pay sales tax for IL.  

By the way, thanks all for the advice on what to get.  I put in for 4 - 24", 4 - 31" and 2 - 40"

Nice Jason!!!   I got 4 - 12's, 4 - 24's to supplement the 24's I already have, and 4 - 31's yesterday morning form Woodcraft.  I wish they had had something in the 18 inch size I would have purchased some of those also.  I seem to use mostly 18 and 24 inch.

The experience has been disappointing (I blame Jet, not Woodcraft, etc for the grossly insufficient quantities.).

I tried Woodcraft, Acme and Amazon websites yesterday night up till about 11:30 pm EST.  Clamps were either full price or listed at sale price but could not be placed in cart.  

Tried again at 6, 8 & 9 am EST with same results.  

I tried the Rockler website and the clamps are listed as temporarily out of stock, but they excepted my order at the sale price.  I'll have to wait and see if the order gets filled at sale price.

Economy shipping was $20 and I did have to pay sales tax for IL.  

By the way, thanks all for the advice on what to get.  I put in for 4 - 24", 4 - 31" and 2 - 40"

Same experience but add 01:00, 02:00 and 03:00 to your list. 

Grabbed a few new clamps this morning and I'll definately say,  the ones I bought today at woodcraft are way way smoother than the half dozen I got last year fulfilled by beaver industrial.  

I don't know if they changed something with the tolerances or what but the last ones are still annoyingly tight.  The new ones feel like butta..

Grabbed a few new clamps this morning and I'll definately say,  the ones I bought today at woodcraft are way way smoother than the half dozen I got last year fulfilled by beaver industrial.  

I don't know if they changed something with the tolerances or what but the last ones are still annoyingly tight.  The new ones feel like butta..

Glad to hear. Mine last year from beaver are super tight as well! I am hoping this year it is different.

I agree, I just returned from Rockler and they are smooooth!

Edited by K Cooper
And Rockler's Jet sale included 2ea. 24" & 2 ea. 31" and also inclueded 4 of Rockler's parallel clamp blocks. These blocks are cool as they allow you room under the clamps for cauls!

I just heard from Rockler.  They are unable to honor my order for the clamps and are cancelling it.  I'm told that the stock of clamps they were expecting were never delivered--and apparently they are not able to honor the pricing when they do get clamps in stock.  

I gather that others were successful, particularly with in store purchases.  Congrats to them.

Me, I am really disappointed with Jet on this.  I am going to stop by Menards and look at the Jorgensons on sale.  

I just heard from Rockler.  They are unable to honor my order for the clamps and are cancelling it.  I'm told that the stock of clamps they were expecting were never delivered--and apparently they are not able to honor the pricing when they do get clamps in stock.  

I gather that others were successful, particularly with in store purchases.  Congrats to them.

Me, I am really disappointed with Jet on this.  I am going to stop by Menards and look at the Jorgensons on sale.  

that doesnt sound like a jet issue at all.sounds like a rockler. issue.

Just found out the clamps cost me an extra $200. My wife ordered a $200 curling iron thingy. Didn't know that even existed, but she didn't know someone could spend $500 on clamps so she decided to teach me something.

You told her? Why would one do such a thing? 

Every few weeks my wife just walks into the garage stands there for a while looking around then curses and leaves. 

• Like 2