A chair that rocks!!

shaneymack

It's tough to find ebony dowel.  I assume you're gonna turn your own?  Or dowel plate?

I will be using wenge in the rockers so i was thinking of doing the plugs out of wenge. I guess ebony would polish up a whole lot nicer. Either way, I won't use dowell I will use a tapered plug cutter Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I will be using wenge in the rockers so i was thinking of doing the plugs out of wenge. I guess ebony would polish up a whole lot nicer. Either way, I won't use dowell I will use a tapered plug cutter Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I bought ebony pen blanks which are pretty cheap and used a plug cutter.  Worked like a charm.

• Like 1

Shane you may actually be done by Christmas. So does the misses like how it sits?  If she does, you may need to buy more wood to make a second so you don't fight over this one!

Im not sure I will be done by Christmas. I am getting  as much as I can get done before this Thursday. Im getting Vesectomized!!! To quote Scott Weiland i will be, "half the man i used to be" :(

As for fighting over the chair, she is the woman she get the chair. Although I might make another one for my mother in law. 

Im not sure I will be done by Christmas. I am getting  as much as I can get done before this Thursday. Im getting Vesectomized!!! To quote Scott Weiland i will be, "half the man i used to be" :(

As for fighting over the chair, she is the woman she get the chair. Although I might make another one for my mother in law. 

One day recovery should be enough then slap on the jock strap and get back out in the damn shop. :o

• Like 1

Just catching up on this Shane.   A couple thoughts:

1) Nice job on the video.  You are a natural on camera.  Don't worry about your funny accent.  I am 100% positive every person on this forum has a funny accent.   Some funnier than others, but yours is right there in the middle.

2) Your bench gives me a chubby.  I know the roubo is the holy grail around here, but your bench seems so versatile.  I want one.  

3) The mahogany is looking great.

Lol. Thanks Mike. Youtube is not something i plan on doing regularly. Just wanted to show how i did the seat with that interface pad.

As for the bench, im loving it more and more as the more i use it. Keeps surprising me just how versatile it is.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Shane, don't let them Jack with you on the accent. Besides, I hear that goes away and becomes soft and subtle after you get clipped?.

In all seriousness, the chair looks great. I think this project takes you to the next level. You and Kev Rock (no pun intended)!

• Like 2

I scanned back over the project briefly, I didn't see a link to the video you are mentioning. Great work on the chair.

Brian, yesterday afternoon i posted a video. Its in this thread a few posts back. Its really nothing special, not worth searching for. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Shane, don't let them Jack with you on the accent. Besides, I hear that goes away and becomes soft and subtle after you get clipped?.

In all seriousness, the chair looks great. I think this project takes you to the next level. You and Kev Rock (no pun intended)!

Hahah Coop!! So there is something to look forward to ! Less of an accent. I will post another video after the vasectomy and we can see if your theory is correct. :D Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk