A chair that rocks!!

shaneymack

Just catching up on this Shane.   A couple thoughts:

1) Nice job on the video.  You are a natural on camera.  Don't worry about your funny accent.  I am 100% positive every person on this forum has a funny accent.   Some funnier than others, but yours is right there in the middle.

I've never heard of a California accent. 

That grain in the headrest is going to look awesome!

The spindles are time consuming!

No kidding Kev!! Probably took almost 3 hours just to get them to where they are at and i haven't even started carving them yet!! I figure atleast another hour per spindle to shape and tenon them. Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

No kidding Kev!! Probably took almost 3 hours just to get them to where they are at and i haven't even started carving them yet!! I figure atleast another hour per spindle to shape and tenon them. Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Probably a little longer than that.  Once you get the first one in, they'll go a bit quicker.  You really have to remove a lot of material to get the tenon cutters working right.  I did all my carving by hand but, you could probably save a bit of time on the backs with the grinder.

• Like 1

I have tremendous respect and admiration for the pace and precision of your project Shaney.  You are making it look too easy.  

I started the rocker mid-summer and learned quickly what a challenge it was.  I put my chair aside to be resumed at a later date.  

Thank you! I'm going quick to try and make up for how long it took me to build the chest of drawers lol. Seriously though, I think it seems like it is going so quicky because I posted alot in a short amount of time. I actually have 34 hours into this thing! I think building the parts is the quickest /easiest part. The sanding/scraping will probably take as long if not longer than the actual build. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I can barely keep up with the progress on this build.  Unreal.  What's your goal for progress before you get snipped?

No real goal. I didnt have anytime yesterday. I might get a few hours in today and a couple here and there before thursday. I would like to have the spindles done but that is probably a pipe dream since there is ALOT of work in them. We will see, i will update as i go.