Bad Dog Tools?

CJC5151

Marc feel free to move this if it is in the wrong area. I have a question about bad dog tools. I went to the Chicago Woodworking show today. Bad Dog Tools had a booth there. They make saw blades, router bits, and drill bits (they make other stuff but this is what I was interested in). To make a long story short i was impressed with their demo and bought two saw blades and a set of forstner (I think they call them rover bits). They guarentee these bits for LIFE. If you damage them they replace them for FREE (plus $5 s&h ofcoarse). But i have some reservations. Ive been burned before, But the 60 day money back guarentee made me take the chance. Has anyone ever bought them/ used them. How are they? I mean if the blades are what they are saying they are think of the savings of never buying another saw blade. The blades were $100 for the 12 inch and $80 for the 10 inch (they were $20 of at the show). But thats what I would spend on a goog forrest or freud anyways. Any input you guys might have will be great. Ill print a follow up tomarrow when I get to use them.

Marc feel free to move this if it is in the wrong area. I have a question about bad dog tools. I went to the Chicago Woodworking show today. Bad Dog Tools had a booth there. They make saw blades, router bits, and drill bits (they make other stuff but this is what I was interested in). To make a long story short i was impressed with their demo and bought two saw blades and a set of forstner (I think they call them rover bits). They guarentee these bits for LIFE. If you damage them they replace them for FREE (plus $5 s&h ofcoarse). But i have some reservations. Ive been burned before, But the 60 day money back guarentee made me take the chance. Has anyone ever bought them/ used them. How are they? I mean if the blades are what they are saying they are think of the savings of never buying another saw blade. The blades were $100 for the 12 inch and $80 for the 10 inch (they were $20 of at the show). But thats what I would spend on a goog forrest or freud anyways. Any input you guys might have will be great. Ill print a follow up tomarrow when I get to use them.

I have all three sets of the rover bits and a set of the twist bits. They do honor the warranty on the drill bits no questions asked. The drill bits are replaced for free even if the damage is your fault. I have not tried their saw blades so I have no comment on them.

I pretty much destroyed the 1/2 inch bit drilling holes (with a hammer drill) in my garage floor to anchor a vise. Took the whole set to the woodworking shows a few weeks later pulled the 1/2 inch bit out of the box and started to hand it to the guy. No dice he wanted to look at the whole set and replaced three bits and handed it back. No charge and no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

just got a chance to try these new bits out. Let me tell ya they are awesome. Clean holes and no dulling. My first thought after I came into the ouse from the shop tonight was how long will it take me to save up for the rest of the bits and the router bit set. And if the customer sevice is as good as i have been told this company is going to have a long prosperous future. Im sold on the Baddog brand