Lee Valley Free Shipping

Tom Cancelleri

23 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

I was thinking about ordering veritas low angle jack and a second blade and the mark II sharping jig.  Guess  Iwill have to get serious about that now.

That's a great idea! For the second blade I recommend the 38 degree blade. I use that on my smoother. If you wanna do it right and get all the planes, buy a BU Smoother which has the 38 degree blade, get the low Angle Jack with 25 degree blade, and then buy a 50 degree blade and you'll have all three which are interchangeable. :) Welcome to woodtalkonline, we like to spend people's money.

My in-laws gave me $100 LV gift card this evening.  There was a catalog with it and I flipped through it for the thousandth time while the kids wreaked havoc with their new toys.  I'm a little embarrassed to say I couldn't really find anything I need at the moment. :unsure:  I'm sure something will pop up soon enough.

Y'all have a great Christmas.  Santa is about to come down the chimney here.

My in-laws gave me $100 LV gift card this evening.  There was a catalog with it and I flipped through it for the thousandth time while the kids wreaked havoc with their new toys.  I'm a little embarrassed to say I couldn't really find anything I need at the moment. :unsure:  I'm sure something will pop up soon enough.

Y'all have a great Christmas.  Santa is about to come down the chimney here.

You need another rasp

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I wish I hadn't seen this thread. Can't un-see it now.  

So, went to my wish list at Lee Valley and emptied it out.  I spent several hundred bucks but, but, but....I saved $14.75 on shipping.

I would say it was well worth it.  I am sure you all agree.

Oy, vey.  ;)

• Like 1

Well this is a nice Christmas surprise.  I guess LV knows that a lot of woodworkers don't get jack they want for Christmas.  Well I have been looking for a wheeled marking gauge, but now with free shipping in will be harder not to place in my cart.

Have a Merry Christmas Everyone.

5 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

TC which spokeshave did you pick up?  I've had the low angle in my cart for a week or more. The old looking cast ones are beautiful. 

I picked up the standard flat bottom one. I have the round one currently, and an old who knows who makes it crappy flat bottom one that is a stanley clone. 

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.aspx?p=49142&cat=1,50230&ap=1

As my wife and my parents gave the money for me to order tools for Christmas, I can't complain about missing this...

I saw her face while I was surfing the LV website and she didn't seem to like the comment that most of their stuff is cheaper then her photography equipment :-)