Show us the Loot

davewyo

This was a gift card Christmas. Got enough Home Depot cards to get new lumber rack parts (my current rack is a wooden one and I can get an additional shelf if I switch to metal), some F-clamps, cards for Barnes an Noble for WW books. My new favorite son for the month gave me a $50 gift certificate for my hardwood dealer. And Star Wars light saber BBQ tongs. My boss gave me a Grizzly bandsaw fence. Good stuff!

I "got" the Jet clamps I scored on Black Friday.  So now I can officially use them... that is as soon as I can get my electrician friend to come over and wire up the 240v line so I can get some heat in the shop.  I was hoping that would happen for Christmas, too, but now I will have to move it into the category of New Year's Resolution.

Tom, I really like the walking stick your brother in law did.  Of course, by giving him carving tools you are only facilitating his addiction.  But what the heck, maybe you should give him another tree branch, too.  

20 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Wife said all the stuff I bought myself on black Friday was my gift from her, haha. 

Yeah funny how that works.  Somehow the new down comforter I bought for my wife became "our" Christmas present. :rolleyes:

Whatever.  I really don't see the point of spouses exchanging gifts anyway...all the money comes from the same place.  Basically it's just a license to buy what you want and pretend the other person got it for you.  It's magic.

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

Yeah funny how that works.  Somehow the new down comforter I bought for my wife became "our" Christmas present. :rolleyes:

Whatever.  I really don't see the point of spouses exchanging gifts anyway...all the money comes from the same place.  Basically it's just a license to buy what you want and pretend the other person got it for you.  It's magic.

I try to never buy my wife stuff we'll both use.  Right now, she's in her quilting room going nuts with all the crap I bought her for her hobby.  In the mean time, I was  finding homes for all the F clamps she bought me.

kW9VEw.jpg

LN  60 1/2 block plane, Knew Concepts fret saw, set of Narex mortise chisels, and an 8" Rikon grinder that came with a list of requested turning projects once the tools are sharp. Oh and the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon..... I'm a child at heart. And my wife is awesome.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

11 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

All that green, and shipped to Abu Dhabi, she must be VERY supportive! Congrats!

The shipping was the cheap part, 28 kilo's for 77 British pounds (30 lbs for 110 USD).

Made a test cut with the TS55, very nice results with the stock blade, and straight, so straight!

This weekend is dedicated to becoming proficient with the Domino.

My wife rocks!

• Like 1