Reading list

chrisphr

I've got a a whirlwind of air travel ahead of me and there is only so much actual billable real work I can stand while trapped on an airplane. Looking for good inspirational woodworking books (or otherwise) all recommendations welcome. Already have Darrell Peart's book on G&G ordered, what else should I add to the list? Open to both instructional or philosophical (on any topic).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, chrisphr said:

Cool. C, which K book should I start with or are they all good? Kev, haven't been too much into the podcast thing to date, just search wood talk?

I just download them to my IPhone and plug in on the plane.  Since each episode runs about an hour, it's a nice way to keep track of how much longer the flight is going to be.

Not WW, but entertaining, and provides a unique viewpoint to problem solving and making stuff from materials at hand:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EMXBDMA?ie=UTF8&redirectFromSS=1&pc_redir=T1&noEncodingTag=1&fp=1

Worth the read, even if you saw the movie.

Good recommendation, I have seen the movie, but this is definitely worth reading to get a more intimate picture of the problem solving and the science.

Not WW, but entertaining, and provides a unique viewpoint to problem solving and making stuff from materials at hand: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EMXBDMA?ie=UTF8&redirectFromSS=1&pc_redir=T1&noEncodingTag=1&fp=1

Worth the read, even if you saw the movie.

Good recommendation, I have seen the movie, but this is definitely worth reading to get a more intimate picture of the problem solving and the science.

Haven't seen the film, but my BIL did, and said they cut a lot of good stuff to get the runtime down.

Not WW, but entertaining, and provides a unique viewpoint to problem solving and making stuff from materials at hand: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EMXBDMA?ie=UTF8&redirectFromSS=1&pc_redir=T1&noEncodingTag=1&fp=1Worth the read, even if you saw the movie.

Good recommendation, I have seen the movie, but this is definitely worth reading to get a more intimate picture of the problem solving and the science.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen the film, but my BIL did, and said they cut a lot of good stuff to get the runtime down.

True, movies hardly ever approximate the book, but this one was well done.

Sometimes you are angry by the lack of heart achieved by a movie vs the book (world war z comes to mind). But I think some, while lacking the insight of inner thought achieved by written word, are still excellent. Dead Zone and Jurassic Park come to mind. That said, the Movie Lost World and the book didn't come close...