vinnyjojo

Wdwrker, and why he's the cats' pajamas

Truly awesome!  Steve is a very good worker but, more importantly a good person!  I look forward to visiting him and his shop in the near future.

• Like 2

House for sale! I'm moving my ass to GA to be closer to the source! Great write up Vinn!

Steve's a great guy. He's been generous with his wisdom and advice. I'm not surprised he did something like that. This forum is filled with great people. Great post Vinny. 

7 hours ago, vinnyjojo said:

No that's not a grammatical error... He's the pajamas of multiple cats....... If you don't know Steve he's one of the mentors here on WTO.....a few weeks ago I 'turned' an ice cream scoop handle by chucking it up on a power drill and taking it to my sander and posted a project showcase pic on the site. I mentioned in passing on the post that I had so much fun I'd love to have a lathe... Unfortunately my days of 'buy whatever I want' are over since my wife stayed home to take care of the kids recently and we're down to one income...,,Literally the day I posted Steve called me and asked me if I wanted his Rockwell Delta lathe on loaner for a while. Not a benchtop mind you...not a mini lathe...but a 6 footer. f3d091f49f95eba67daac2b16af3fd6c.jpg

Oh yeah and also some turning tools545d3f04e288a758b0b8165f9ef6af05.jpg

And oh yeah...he gave me a router... And a detail sander... Oh....and about 1 million board feet of unsteamed Walnut. And 5000 pounds of cut off's... Which by the way...his cut offs are the size of my biggest pieces of lumber.... Did I mention the six-foot live edge 10/4 walnut slab? Yeah,that too.......... On the last podcast Marc read that story about Coop paying for the shipping to send that dude a planer (sorry can't remember the name of the guy with the planer emoji53.png). It was a testament however to the helpfulness and generosity of the folks on this forum and the community therein..... It was timely that I point out another great example of that generosity here at wood talk online....big ups to Wdwrker.

He's hard to beat as a mentor, and one of the most generous people you'll ever want to meet..  He's ugly as sin, but one hell of a guy!

• Like 2

I must agree that Steve is great mentor, and person in general. In fact, I find the average quality of folk in this forum to be pretty high on the "good ol' boy/gal" scale. I haven't found another place on the net anything like it!

When Steve talks (posts) I listen. Never fail to learn something. 

But aside from knowledge he's obviously an awesome guy. Need more people in the world like him. 

Id echo Ross' comment too. Great collection of people here in general. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wdwerker said:

New shop is smaller and I haven't turned much in recent years  so,the lathe was going to eat up valuable floor space. So why not let Vinny have some fun with it ? If I really need to turn something I will just do it at Vinny's shop.

Walnut was salvaged from a job. Some interior desecrater had painted it white because the room was too dark. The slab was a leftover from a job and I have quite a few better and bigger pieces.

I ended up moving far more medium sized scraps than I had storage space for. My grandfather would haunt me if I tossed it in the dumpster. I'd rather see it put to use.

And he's humble too ;)

• Like 2

agreed - steve is a stand up guy.. he helped me a lot with my counter top build, as well as with drawer fitting in my recent kitchen update.

thanks buddy!

we should throw him a party!. how soon can you guys get to ontario?

6 minutes ago, Pug said:

agreed - steve is a stand up guy.. he helped me a lot with my counter top build, as well as with drawer fitting in my recent kitchen update.

thanks buddy!

we should throw him a party!. how soon can you guys get to ontario?

July!

I saw my breath one morning in August on Vancouver island.

Got home to Atllanta and it was almost 100 degrees. So heading north in the summer is good for me !

Yes that  is cool what Steve has done and I wish I new just half of what he does and alot of you...Just watched marc set up a jointer ..Big help because my beds were off...Thank you .

Dude, you gotta ask yourself, man...Do you want to be a Stu, or do you want to be a Steve?

Movie reference for $1000 Alex

Tao of Steve?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk