Wood show haul

Hit up the wood show in Baltimore today. Brought my round spokeshave to the folks from Veritas, they agreed that the chip clogging wasn't right. The guy wanted to sharpen it. So we hit the sharpening area, he fumbled around with the mkII for a bit trying to get the right angle. I took over and set it up, and took care of it. Got the clogging straightened out. I played with some of the Veritas custom shop planes... Damn they're heavy! Didn't sit through if the workshops, nothing those guys can teach me.

I heckled some of the displays and demo guys, especially the kreg jig guy, because I'm an ass.

Spent some time at the nordfab booth, that stuff is seriously beefy... Gonna have to save up for that stuff. Stared at the gorgeous model Makita brought in wearing jeans and a half of a shirt for a bit.

Picked up this stuff. UHMW for a sacrificial fence and clamps for it. Carter stabilizer for my 1412, silimat for the Roubo for glue ups and finishing items. A second glubot for titebond 3, some glue applicators, a coupe of drill bits to drill my holes for the service cable to the new sub panel.

aea7bd18b3f2c5603cf5cae79a02fc60.jpg

And here are the goats that were outside of the fairgrounds building

d52180862484227d595b7f890a22fdd8.jpg

cda31bd6549f5ee4b82429fe1b000e17.jpg

a4f0b286720c1b5b6c697c4dc8050594.jpg

Festool was giving out deez nuts

b0641af47be2c9540222bcc8ff51e0ac.jpg

Pieces in the building competition

Sculpted stool

228069c18c67e6324a2984b3c408ff91.jpg

A period piece, just for Brian.

1437408e77603717c574730eae624a26.jpg

That's cool! I wish a show like would magically appear within easy driving distance of me, sometime!

It's roughly a 75 minute drive from me. I hear they are bringing back the show for northern Virginia, which is much closer for me. I'll be at that one next month if it's here.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Thats a seriously sweet goat. Thanks Tom, you can never see too many photos of sweet goats.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the Fesnuts?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Nope.They could have done so much better with those nuts. First off, each nut having its own mini sys would have upped to cool factor. If they would have done that they could have charged 15-20$ per nut and those weirdo festool fans would have bought them. Also, would it have killed them to give them a quick coat of festool green paint! ! Those dont look like legit festool nuts. I know asian knock offs when i see them.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk