Tom Cancelleri

Walnut Bathroom Vanity

Recommended Posts

You'll all be happy to know, it's finished and leaving my shop in 14 hours. A huge sigh of relief and a huge amount of space in my shop has been lifted. Once they install it, I'll have pictures of it in place and I'll add them to this thread. 

Many thanks to Steve, aka @wdwerker for his guidance and expertise. His help was invaluable during certain phases of this project. 

Thanks to Mel, Eric, Brian, Shane, Bryan, Brendon, JT, G2, and the rest of the hooligans that hang out in chat for listening to me vent, and from keeping my from running myself through my planer.

 image.jpg

 

image.jpg

 

image.jpg

 

image.jpg

 

 

 

 

Love that. Looking at this just decided what my bathroom cab will be made of! Great looking piece!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That turned out great Tom and you can never go wrong taking advice from Steve. I can see some condor tails peeking in the background. I bet it will be nice to see your bench again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turned out amazing Tom! Hope your cuzz is happy and doesn't make anymore smart a#* comments about how long it took!

Are you installing the door handles?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turned out amazing Tom! Hope your cuzz is happy and doesn't make anymore smart a#* comments about how long it took!

Are you installing the door handles?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I would say yes about the door handles, however my cousin didn't get the smaller handles he wants for it. So I'm guessing he and my uncle will install them. Not a hard thing to do. I'll lend him my handle installation jig to do it.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great man.  Congrats on getting America's favorite FB out of the shop.  It was getting painful for all of us. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That came out real nice Tom.  Your shops going to feel like it doubled in size when it is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, xxdabroxx said:

Looks really good! 

How are you/ they going to fill the gaps at the sides?

Small strips of walnut once they have it fully installed. I'm not doing the install, the one installing it has a jointer, bandsaw, drum sander, etc. So they can do what they need to go make the strips for the gap. The space is 77 3/4" inches and wanted the piece 77 5/8" however I insisted making the piece 77 5/8" could be problematic when it came time to install due to it not being built in place, and that I'd make it 77" wide. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

I insisted making the piece 77 5/8" could be problematic

Yea all you need is one spot on one side to be a little out of square or plumb and you're screwed.  Looks good though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 18, 2016 at 1:07 AM, Tom Cancelleri said:

You'll all be happy to know, it's finished and leaving my shop in 14 hours. A huge sigh of relief and a huge amount of space in my shop has been lifted. Once they install it, I'll have pictures of it in place and I'll add them to this thread. 

Many thanks to Steve, aka @wdwerker for his guidance and expertise. His help was invaluable during certain phases of this project. 

Thanks to Mel, Eric, Brian, Shane, Bryan, Brendon, JT, G2, and the rest of the hooligans that hang out in chat for listening to me vent, and from keeping my from running myself through my planer.

 image.jpg

 

image.jpg

 

image.jpg
 

image.jpg
 

 

 

 

Wow! Serious wood porn! The selection of figure for each piece is impeccable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, looks great, T!  Just think, if you built like a dozen more of those you could pay off the vet bills. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Awesome, looks great, T!  Just think, if you built like a dozen more of those you could pay off the vet bills. LOL

At the original price, I'd have to build a lot more than that. I think 6 would pay off the vet bills. I actually got a commission last night for something. A quick and easy project, cherry headphone stand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.