This is going to sell fast

collinb

Apparently my sense of value is mistaken.

I see the cast iron jointers on a frame base going for $250.

One guy around here is asking $500 for a frame-based unit.  Definitely too much.

1 hour ago, mds2 said:

I bought the exact same one last year for $250.

That would be a nice price.

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

so sell a couple of cameras and go buy it !

You forgot your <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags.

I had only have 2 sellable: 1 film, 1 digital.  Just sold the Crown Graphic.  (Keeping the K5.)  Summer camera building will replace it.  Can't build a wood DSLR.  At least not yet.

My understanding is the current Grizzly 6" jointer is a carbon copy of those older delta designs so a new grizzly with warranty is probably a better deal - @knotscott seems to know a lot about these things.

I was also told by a guy who services woodworking machines for a living that Delta machines from the 1980/90s are manufactured to really sloppy specs - just repeating one guy's opinion, YMMV but it is consistent with most 1980s american manufacturing.  

34 minutes ago, Mike. said:

My understanding is the current Grizzly 6" jointer is a carbon copy of those older delta designs so a new grizzly with warranty is probably a better deal - @knotscott seems to know a lot about these things.

I was also told by a guy who services woodworking machines for a living that Delta machines from the 1980/90s are manufactured to really sloppy specs - just repeating one guy's opinion, YMMV but it is consistent with most 1980s american manufacturing.  

I guess Delta has weathered the storm and will be sticking around for a while.  I'm leery of buying a Delta machine for fear they'll be sold again. 

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e