Jet clamps/ebony sale @ WC

Brendon_t

Just a heads up if you need either. My Woodcraft has jet 24,40&50" clamps at 50% off right now.

Also a few pallets of gaboon ebony cutoffs at $10/bf. These weren't tiny mostly sapwood scraps.  A 4x4 foot box full of .5 to 3.5 bf pieces. 

I asked and he said those were both at select WC stores across the country. 

7 hours ago, Chestnut said:

For the midwest folk Jorgenson clamps are 10% off at Menards. I believe they ship as well so anyone can grab some savings.

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/hand-tools/clamps-vises/c-9135.htm?brandName_facet=Jorgensen

And for the guys who don't have a Menards near by but have a home depot, they carry the clamps and price match.  I bought 6 during black friday last year.

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

Brendon, have you tried the Jets lately? Last years were kind of chunky and needed more wax than a bee can produce. The last ones I bought a couple of months ago were smooooooth!

I agree.  Last year's are a pita. The most recent black Friday block are great.

54 minutes ago, Eric. said:

$10/bf for Gaboon ebony?  You didn't buy all of it because...?

Guaran-freakin-tee my WC won't have that deal.

Honestly,  I have no use for it. I have a few blocks that do what I need as far as trim and accent work. 

They also had a ton of that money pod crap and did I mention not a single piece of walnut except for the 18" long 1/2" thick project board crap. 

I wad at a woodcraft in Grand Rapids, MI yesterday and they a crate of the gaboon ebony.  I did not think much of it.   they were all shorts and more white than black.  

I will say the Grand Rapids store is way nicer than the chicago area stores.  

3 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

That's what I was expecting but didn't see more than 5 pieces of white

Well, all I know is I thought the stuff was ugly.  

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    R Parekh
    Newest Member
    R Parekh