treeslayer

an odd shaped table

Wow..I think thats a relay cool table..It fits there great..Nice work..Never done curved rails myself..

thanks kev, yeah the top picture is without the top on, was trying to get a better picture of the curved rails

mat, first time for curved rails for me, changeling to say the least, when i get some west system epoxy i'm going to try bent lamination on the next one

• Like 1

That is really cool. Love the design and functional too. Nice job on the rails. I like how you incorporated the cherry into the top as well. Great choice in woods.

Very nice table Dave.  Came out Great!!!  Did you do the coffee table that is in the background of the last picture?

you bet chet, top picture has another table to the right and the bottom one the coffee table is in the background, they are from my red oak phase about 24 years ago

• Like 1

yeah steve i did sign and date, i figured i would forget when i built it and for whatever one of my kids gets it they will know who made it and when. thanks for the comment, always good to come from another woodworker.

Great looking table Dave. Nice tight joints on the angled stretchers/rails ( never can remember what to call them). I bet there were numbers at each joint to keep them organized. The only down side I can see, if it were in my house, my wife would keep knocking my beer over being so close?

Very nice, Dave! I can appreciate what a challenge all those angles and curves must have been. The wood combo is great, and it looks terrific between the chairs! Are those Morris chairs???

yep, morris chairs ross, recliners. bought not made by me. took a whole ration of @#$% from my friends for not making them myself, but i got lazy and did not want to buy the mechanism and the pads ect, they are great for after woodworking naps:D

• Like 2

Great looking table. Really like the curves. I've got a very similar wedge space between a couch and chair that I've been contemplating something similar for. Well done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk