15% off CT Vacuums

Tom Cancelleri

I have a 26.  Honestly if I were to do it over again I'd buy the midi instead.  They have the same amount of power/suction.  The midi just has a smaller canister.  In my small shop I find the 26 a little cumbersome to roll around and lugging it up and down stairs when I want to use it for DIY is annoying.  I have only had to empty it 2x in the last year.  With the midi you will go through more bags but I think that is a small price to pay for the portability.  That is why I want to buy a midi.  I will keep the 26 parked in a corner and use it for fine dust collection.  I will use the midi when I need something more portable.  

Mike is correct..  Same power..  Biggest difference is the capacity..  Also, I'm not sure if you can put the boom arm on the midi?

Also, the bags are reusable.  Just empty and use again.  They're not "forever" bags but, you can get a few fillings on them.

I'm not lugging mine around so, don't have the same issues as Mike. 

7 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Another?? Don't you already have two? You're a festool junkie. Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black ! emoji12.png

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, I do have 2..  I have one with a boom arm at my outfeed table where I do the bulk of my work.  I have one dedicated to the Kapex.  And, I want a third (with another boom arm) off the end of my rouboish (pics coming soon) bench as I see myself doing a lot of router operations there.

Also, this sale is Festool wide so, not just the ToolNut.  You can get this where ever you buy your FT koolaid.

29 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Yes, I do have 2..  I have one with a boom arm at my outfeed table where I do the bulk of my work.  I have one dedicated to the Kapex.  And, I want a third (with another boom arm) off the end of my rouboish (pics coming soon) bench as I see myself doing a lot of router operations there.

For the price of three CTs, you could get a cyclone!

Another?? Don't you already have two? You're a festool junkie. Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black !

Also, this sale is Festool wide so, not just the ToolNut.  You can get this where ever you buy your FT koolaid.

Kev, how far is the bench from the existing ct26? Could you not just run a 7 meter hose from the ct overhead to the bench? Thats how im setup. I have a plug it cord and a 7m x 36mm hose that runs on a beam to my workbench. I have another 36 mm hose for the kapex. I have an electrical splitter at the ct so the only change i need to make to go from kapex to workbench dust collection is swap the 36 mm hose which as you know is 2 seconds. Just another option. Maybe save you a few bucks.

1 hour ago, Pug said:

For the price of three CTs, you could get a cyclone!

It's coming very soon..  Just want to be sure my work flow is spot on before I order it and the duct.  I just need to get some time at home to get the electrical done, get the needed measurements, and get it ordered..  Time has been my enemy.

20 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Kev, how far is the bench from the existing ct26? Could you not just run a 7 meter hose from the ct overhead to the bench? Thats how im setup. I have a plug it cord and a 7m x 36mm hose that runs on a beam to my workbench. I have another 36 mm hose for the kapex. I have an electrical splitter at the ct so the only change i need to make to go from kapex to workbench dust collection is swap the 36 mm hose which as you know is 2 seconds. Just another option. Maybe save you a few bucks.

It's actually quite a ways..  I could move the current CT down there when needed..  It's purely a luxury for me in my shop..

On 4/20/2016 at 9:46 AM, Gixxerjoe04 said:

Wish their sanders were on sale too, need one of those, the bosch one i bought less than a year ago is a piece of crap.  The little box to catch some of the dust doesn't stick anymore so it just throws dust everywhere.

Wrap some tape around the dust port. Happens on my bosch sander as well when I don't have it hooked to a vac.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:46 AM, Gixxerjoe04 said:

Wish their sanders were on sale too, need one of those, the bosch one i bought less than a year ago is a piece of crap.  The little box to catch some of the dust doesn't stick anymore so it just throws dust everywhere.

Package it with a CT and it will be on sale ;)

I was looking at the sanders last night, which sander/s does everyone have or like the best?  Seems the only difference between the ets ec125/3 and the 150/3 is 1 inch pad difference and the $100 difference, that right?  Gonna suck spending $385 on a sander if I go for the ec125 but like most other festool stuff, seems to be the best. 

I'm thinking of wading into the Festool waters for the first time with this sale as well.  Right now I have a 12 gallon shop vac hooked up to a 15-ish gallon bucket with a dust deputy.  A low priority project has always been to reduce the foot print of that setup by stacking it vertical - but you can't get much more compact than a Festool dust extractor.

I have a separate tiny shop vac for stuff inside the house, so I don't expect to bring the Festool DC inside the house much, if at all.  Now that I have a dust collector with ducting, I only use my shop vac setup for sanding and routing, and maybe some cleanup.  However, I usually have to tuck my tools away every night so I do end up rolling the shop vac setup around quite a bit.

I see a few comments here about size and portability.  Given my usage, what would you guys suggest for me?  I was leaning towards the CT26 until I came across this thread.  Also, what do you guys think of the dust deputy kit for Festool dust extractors?

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I use my shop vac for general shop cleanup pretty often (sawdust mainly, never anything wet).  Are the Festool dust extractors suitable for that use too, or are they really only meant for dust extraction at the tool?  I'd hate to have to keep both a shop vac and a Festool DE.

I think the 26 is the best bang for the buck on their vacs..  Although it's mainly for dust, it will handle some small chips and debris, just don't get crazy or emptying the bag becomes a PITA!

For major clean up in my shop, I just attach a hose to one of the drops on my big collector and clean away.  It's meant to handle all that stuff.

I was looking at the sanders last night, which sander/s does everyone have or like the best?  Seems the only difference between the ets ec125/3 and the 150/3 is 1 inch pad difference and the $100 difference, that right?  Gonna suck spending $385 on a sander if I go for the ec125 but like most other festool stuff, seems to be the best. 

Joe, they make the EC in the 150 in both strokes. I have the ets ec 150/5 and it's really an amazing sander. Super quick powerful and leaves a fantestic finish. The brake on it is really good as well.

I'm thinking of wading into the Festool waters for the first time with this sale as well.  Right now I have a 12 gallon shop vac hooked up to a 15-ish gallon bucket with a dust deputy.  A low priority project has always been to reduce the foot print of that setup by stacking it vertical - but you can't get much more compact than a Festool dust extractor.

I have a separate tiny shop vac for stuff inside the house, so I don't expect to bring the Festool DC inside the house much, if at all.  Now that I have a dust collector with ducting, I only use my shop vac setup for sanding and routing, and maybe some cleanup.  However, I usually have to tuck my tools away every night so I do end up rolling the shop vac setup around quite a bit.

I see a few comments here about size and portability.  Given my usage, what would you guys suggest for me?  I was leaning towards the CT26 until I came across this thread.  Also, what do you guys think of the dust deputy kit for Festool dust extractors?

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I use my shop vac for general shop cleanup pretty often (sawdust mainly, never anything wet).  Are the Festool dust extractors suitable for that use too, or are they really only meant for dust extraction at the tool?  I'd hate to have to keep both a shop vac and a Festool DE.

I have a ct26 with dust deputy. I use it for everything. Chop saw dust collection, sanding, all my festool tools ( and theres alot) and vacuuming up everything on my shop floor. I love it its a fantastic setup.

• Like 1

For the record, the CT26 has a higher CFM than the midi. It is why I went with the CT26 over the smaller ones.

Hmm, I just bought my CT26 on March 31st. Im curious if my retailer will price match me to the 15% sale price off the increased price of the CT26. Otherwise, I could utilize the 30 day return policy and just buy another one. Needless to say, i didnt see this sale coming!