15% off CT Vacuums

Tom Cancelleri

Ya they are the same cfm now:

"NOW 137CFM with HEPA FILTERS

The CT MINI and CT MIDI are Festool's most portable mobile dust extractors. They are compact and lightweight, but have enough capacity for common jobsite tasks. The CT MIDI is slightly larger in size, but offers increased capacity for heavier on-site use. Sporting large wheels and double casters, these units can easily negotiate obstacles in the shop or on the worksite. With 137CFM and only 62 dB (on low setting), these CTs can quickly and quietly remove large amounts of debris, with minimal noise distractions. One disposable filter comes standard on the CT MINI and CT MIDI, with the option of additional dry and wet filters to meet your every need. The integrated hose garage keeps hoses and cords well organized and makes Systainer transport simple and efficient"

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

The CT MINI and CT MIDI are Festool's most portable mobile dust extractors. They are compact and lightweight, but have enough capacity for common jobsite tasks. The CT MIDI is slightly larger in size, but offers increased capacity for heavier on-site use. Sporting large wheels and double casters, these units can easily negotiate obstacles in the shop or on the worksite. With 137CFM and only 62 dB (on low setting), these CTs can quickly and quietly remove large amounts of debris, with minimal noise distractions. One disposable filter comes standard on the CT MINI and CT MIDI, with the option of additional dry and wet filters to meet your every need. The integrated hose garage keeps hoses and cords well organized and makes Systainer transport simple and efficient"

Well, I'll be damned. They need to update their site then. I dont regret the CT26 purchase, but the air flow was definitely part of the decision for why i stepped up to the 26. 

28 minutes ago, Pwk5017 said:

Well, I'll be damned. They need to update their site then. I dont regret the CT26 purchase, but the air flow was definitely part of the decision for why i stepped up to the 26. 

does 7cfm really make a meaningful difference?  or is this a false sense of precision? 

14 minutes ago, Mike. said:

does 7cfm really make a meaningful difference?  or is this a false sense of precision? 

meaningful? haha have no clue! What I do know is the whole point of a collector is to move as much air as possible, and 137 is higher than 130. There was a bit of that false sense that went into it. The midi and mini units just look like value engineered units painted green to cater to a lower price range customer. For the $100, I get more air flow, much more robust wheels, more capacity, and the feeling that i have the "real deal". Is the midi a great unit? Probably. Is it analogous to buying a 1 series BMW instead of a 3 series? Kinda felt that way to me. 

15% off is a sweet deal, and it looks like I will luck out with my dealer price matching for me, because i am right around the 30 day price match window. 

4 hours ago, shaneymack said:

So, what is the difference between the mini and midi?

Mini is smaller

7 minutes ago, shaneymack said:
12 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:
4 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Mini is smaller

Yeah I see that... No difference in quality or other features though?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mini is smaller Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah I see that... No difference in quality or other features though?

Im pretty sure the only difference is in capacity. They both have the auto start, adjustable speed, thermal protection, foot break...

If i were to do it again id get the mini with the dust deputy.

6 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

That was my thinking as well...going to check out a friend's ct26 this weekend since i have yet to see/use one in person to see how much I actually want one.

That was my thinking as well...going to check out a friend's ct26 this weekend since i have yet to see/use one in person to see how much I actually want one.

So you are getting a ct for sure you are just trying to decide between the ct26 and the smaller ones?

If i were to do it again id get the mini with the dust deputy. Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

So you are getting a ct for sure you are just trying to decide between the ct26 and the smaller ones?

No, I mean I want to see if I like the vacs enough in general. It will keep me from buying a track saw anytime soon, if I get a vac

I can tell you i thought the vac would be lame, and it was pretty freaking awesome the past weekend when I kept the same plug it cord in the vac, trimmed up a 36"by62" white oak island top with my track saw, routed with the of1400, then switched to the 150/5 to finish sand it prior to applying finish. It was incredibly easy and convenient to not mess around with hose adapters, cords, and shutting the vac on and off. I know all of this sounds really foolish and simple, but it stopped me dead in my tracks as i moved to the sander--"Wow! this is incredibly effective and convenient". I was operating like a well oiled machine. It felt good. This is coming from a crappy shopvac that i used like 3 different adapters plugged into one another to work with my festool stuff. 

Ok, im getting conflicting reports on the air flow of the mini, midi, and CT26. In some cases, it calls it out as 130cfm. In other cases, it says 137cfm and 80" of static pressure. Now, 7cfm isnt a huge difference, but the shopvac is all about static pressure, so 16" of static pressure is a big difference. The CT26 is 137cfm with 96" of static pressure. Atleast the reports of its performance are consistent and easily discovered. The mini and midi are shrouded in confusion for me. Festool needs to jump on that, I think its unprofessional to contradict yourself numerous times in the portrayed statistics. 

m

10 minutes ago, Pwk5017 said:

I can tell you i thought the vac would be lame, and it was pretty freaking awesome the past weekend when I kept the same plug it cord in the vac, trimmed up a 36"by62" white oak island top with my track saw, routed with the of1400, then switched to the 150/5 to finish sand it prior to applying finish. It was incredibly easy and convenient to not mess around with hose adapters, cords, and shutting the vac on and off. I know all of this sounds really foolish and simple, but it stopped me dead in my tracks as i moved to the sander--"Wow! this is incredibly effective and convenient". I was operating like a well oiled machine. It felt good. This is coming from a crappy shopvac that i used like 3 different adapters plugged into one another to work with my festool stuff. 

Ok, im getting conflicting reports on the air flow of the mini, midi, and CT26. In some cases, it calls it out as 130cfm. In other cases, it says 137cfm and 80" of static pressure. Now, 7cfm isnt a huge difference, but the shopvac is all about static pressure, so 16" of static pressure is a big difference. The CT26 is 137cfm with 96" of static pressure. Atleast the reports of its performance are consistent and easily discovered. The mini and midi are shrouded in confusion for me. Festool needs to jump on that, I think its unprofessional to contradict yourself numerous times in the portrayed statistics. 

Well I don't know what all those fancy numbers really mean.  I do know this: my CT is quiet, collects all the fine dust I can see, and doesn't blow the dust out through exhaust.  

6 minutes ago, Pwk5017 said:

Totally agree with you, its all about efficiency. Festool tools are meant to be a system that all work together, thats what makes them so addictive as well I think. Spending the money on Festool make a lot more sense once you have worked with them for a while.  I think its so silly when people say that Festool is a waste of money or the CT is just another shop vac. Its awesome to always use the same plug it from tool to tool. ITs great as well when you get to the sanding and you can turn down the speed on the vac, really good feature. 

Not the first time there is conflicting info. They aren't the best at keeping all info across all the different websites the same. 

On April 20, 2016 at 8:01 AM, TIODS said:

Mike is correct..  Same power..  Biggest difference is the capacity..  Also, I'm not sure if you can put the boom arm on the midi?

Also, the bags are reusable.  Just empty and use again.  They're not "forever" bags but, you can get a few fillings on them.

I'm not lugging mine around so, don't have the same issues as Mike. 

Turns out I have a 36, not 26, which explains my whining about lugging it around :)

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TIODS said:

Well, my new CT 26 is in the shop..  Anyone else jumping on this deal?

Yep.  I ordered a mini and filter bags for my 36 and the new mini.  should be arriving this week. 

14 hours ago, JosephThomas said:

My coworker did...I went and tested his out, it was pretty nice...I will probably take some time to think about it, especially bc the sale lasts 2 months.

Just a few of the bolt heads but, that should be good enough ;)

3 minutes ago, nerdbot said:

I'm working on it... 10 year anniversary at the end of this month...  It's got silver in it it somewhere right?

You don't need any silver on you Festool for another 15 years:D

15 hours ago, TIODS said:

Well, my new CT 26 is in the shop..  Anyone else jumping on this deal?

Are you showing off :P some of us are ordering our first and when we do you will still be two ahead of us.

1 minute ago, Chet K. said:

You don't need any silver on you Festool for another 15 years:D

Are you showing off :P some of us are ordering our first and when we do you will still be two ahead of us.

I actually got mine a few days early..  I have a cool local dealer!

No showing off, nothing to gain.  Just curious how many new Koolaid drinkers there are ;)

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dave07
    Newest Member
    dave07