15% off CT Vacuums

Tom Cancelleri

3 minutes ago, nerdbot said:

Oh, ha, you're right!  I remembered it was some sort of shiny metal.  Ok... there's gotta be aluminum in the CT26, right? :lol: 

Maybe if you toss in the boom arm? ;)

Hey guys, just out of curiosity, do any of you use a HEPA DC unit for total shop dust control? I've got two midis in my shop, one set up with the Oneida on my Kapex and the other is my pull along at the MFT and also when I'm routing or cutting at my plywood table. Tiny shop, I have a Grizzly air cleaner I run and keep my Sawstop hooked to an obnoxiously loud Ridgid vac. I'm thinking about getting a bigger CT36 or 48 now because of the sale or going or getting a cyclonic cleaner to hook up to my table saw, bandsaw and on and off on my jointer. Just curious

A CT is not a good primary DC for a tablesaw or bandsaw.  It can suck the fines from close the the blade, but can not pull air through a long 4" tube.   I use it for secondary collection on my tablesaw (on the blade guard) and it is great for that.  It gets most of the fines and my DC (which gets hooked up to the main port) collects the larger chips.

There is no difference in power between a midi and CT48.  A 48 just has a bigger canister. 

Hoping I sell a bunch of stuff this weekend at a craft show, if so, gonna get the midi or 26 and one of their sanders.  Weather seems to be turning to crap for the weekend so that's not good, will at least get a dust extractor before the sale is done haha.