Goodbye (for now) to my Hero

Janello

John my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  I lost my Dad in 1997 and still think about him especially when I am in my shop.  You spoke of your projects together, I recently had a project here around the house that I had a question he could of answered immediately, I miss that help.  I hope you find peace in your memories

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Lost my Dad about 20 years ago. Every once in awhile I find myself whistling a little tune he used to whistle, usually when I am at my happiest making something. That is when it feels like maybe he is there watching. I got my love of making things from him.

So sorry for your loss John. Shortly after my Mom passed away was when I got into woodworking. I didn't realize it at the time, but several years later my wife and I were talking and realized it was my way to deal with losing her. What hurts the most is I was never able to build her anything but I also think about her every time I enter the shop which is comforting. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your father, John. Having lost my father I can relate to your feelings of sadness. You and your family will be in my prayers. You'll never get over the loss of your dad but I pray that you find comfort in all the great memories.