Jorgensen/Pony Clamps is dead

Crappppp, no one else makes a similar style I-beam!! I much prefer bessey for every other style of clamp, but the I-beams are incredible for big/heavy glueups. Thanks for the heads up, if they liquidate their inventory, i am going to be all over the I-beam sale. 

• Like 1

About 80% of my parallel's are Jorgensen. Pretty good, except they are hard to move open the mouth on. But then so were the 4 Jet's I bought on Black Friday. 

The best part of Jorgensen was that I could get them much cheaper, and locally. 

8 hours ago, Andy Wright said:

I have several Jorgensen clamps, and I like them. They are my second favorite clamps after Bessey.

I did a google search and didn't find any other mention of them closing, so I'm hoping this is a false rumor

Same, found zero mention of them closing. 

That's a shame.  Their bar clamps were a cost effective solution gluing up large tops or multiple tops at a time.  Local HD would cut the pipes to size and thread them too.  Maybe not as good as the cabinet makers but I can't afford to buy more than a few of those at a time.   

I went though their website and all of the products were removed from the site. I can't find anything on there about any product they sell. Seems fishy. I'm going to keep watching for the discontinued stickers to go up at local stores selling out there stock to make room for a new brand though.

Dang...I love their F style clamps, especially since they came out with the new rubberized grip handle. I worked in another shop several years ago and I liked the function of their parallel clamps although I did not like the wood handle. Since they came out with the new handle I had planned on getting several but just a couple at a time. 

On 5/20/2016 at 11:16 AM, justsomeguy said:

It was announced via email yesterday.

After 113 years the Adjustable Clamp Company (d/b/a Pony Tools Inc.) has made the difficult decision to cease operations on May 19, 2016."

I just tried to call them but will have to wait till 7:30 am central. Their greeting on the phone says welcome to Pony Tools Inc formally known as The Adjustable Clamp Co. I'll try back in half an hour.

Just now, Mike. said:

yes and a lot of broken links on their website. 

Like I said before, I am curious what will happen to Easy Wood Tools.  It seems they had a pretty popular product.  

Screw Easy Wood Tools, I care about the I Bar clamps!!! Atleast you have substitutes for carbide turning tools. No one makes a similar clamp to the I bars other than JLT or something, and i cant afford a panel clamp rack.

I haven't had much opportunity to use either the Jet or Jorgensen parallel clamps I bought last fall, but based on my limited experience I like the Jorgensen product.  Certainly seems a better value to me if paying full price.