• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One year follow-up yesterday and no signs of cancer! 

Had my CT scans yesterday and officially 2 years cancer-free (also a 45 year cancer survivor) 

There's been a pair of barred owls around our property since we moved to it 8 years ago. We hear them all the time especially after dark but every once in a while you'll see one when it's light out. T

Posted Images

20 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Well the birds are having a tough time taking a bath but at least the mail and fire trucks can find their spot, high temp of -5 going down to -20 tonight2D627DA8-17E9-4BB3-974A-043572F129DD.jpeg.be5bb11c449b7ec0187e588b48ff9907.jpeg57FE48E3-F3CD-41E3-B25A-C19A9D351489.jpeg.a019c4421a9e74b511c5f260a055131c.jpeg90E0F096-F3A1-4978-8ED5-F7186805190F.jpeg.b651d536f191530570ccf90ecb720653.jpeg

We are colder but you have about a foot more snow there Dave, stay warm :) 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Coop said:

They are talking about us having “black ice” but not sure what that is? 

Its ice that can be really hard to see. It's no joke stay home that stuff can be really scary especially if those around you don't know what they are doing which is a good bet it in TX. Stay safe Coop

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Tennessee snow shovel:

That method gets used a lot here. They also have special snow bucket attachments that allow 1 guy and a skiddy to clear huge parking lots quite quickly.

• Like 1

So, within 20 min. of posting this, the power dropped again and now at 10:15 p.m., Wednesday night, it comes back on. Haven’t seen the news or news paper since Sunday. Are we still at war with N. Korea? :D

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

As much as I try to understand electricity, I don’t. If I turn my valve off to my water hose, I still get a little water out of the nozzle when I open it. When I turn the propane tank valve off of my cooker, the flame lingers momentarily. When I unplug my drill motor, that’s it! Looks like there would still be a little in the power cord? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Coop, there are some theoretical discussions of electrical current flow that may allow for what you described, but since the electromotive force 'pushes' electrons through a conductor at what is effectively the speed of light, you just can't detect it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My cordless drill and impact both will turn on the LED light for a brief second if you just took the battery off. It's enough to make me think, crap, the battery just died and then I realize I took out the battery.