27 minutes ago, Coop said:

Thanks Dave! You have a great memory! We are going to dinner tonight and go over an outline that she developed on how we can make it another 49 years. Probably just a ploy to get me to take her out! :D

Congrats that's awesome Coop!! BTW 49 years you ought to be taking her out LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One year follow-up yesterday and no signs of cancer! 

Had my CT scans yesterday and officially 2 years cancer-free (also a 45 year cancer survivor) 

So, my wife goes to empty the clothes dryer, and the plastic door pull snaps off in her hand. This looks like a job for "WOODWORKERMAN"! One scrap of cherry later, and BOOM: I considered usin

Posted Images

I've been following the stock on Lie Nielsen and Lee Valley (Veritas) hand planes and covid is really taking a toll on these companies. A combination of the increased demand and decreased supply (Lie Nielsen citing casting issues) makes getting hand tools incredibly difficult.

It's too bad this would be a great opportunity to deliver a lot of planes due to the higher demand.

• Like 1

That's a shame. I'm sure between that and Rockler/Woodcraft having their own lines things are tough.

I'd like to start acquiring some hand tools but with no real bench or sharpening equipment it will become expensive real quick. Too many home reno projects at the moment so no rush. Maybe I can get something at their cyber monday sale.

8 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I've been following the stock on Lie Nielsen and Lee Valley (Veritas) hand planes and covid is really taking a toll on these companies. A combination of the increased demand and decreased supply (Lie Nielsen citing casting issues) makes getting hand tools incredibly difficult.

It's too bad this would be a great opportunity to deliver a lot of planes due to the higher demand.

What is their Ticker Symbol? 

10 hours ago, Coop said:

What is their Ticker Symbol? 

Not stick like investment stock like product on shelves. Everything is out of stock and on backorder. They seem like they trying to make them as fast as possible and are selling them as soon as they are made.

• 2 weeks later...

I know lumber prices are through the roof but I was shocked at the quality of the studs when I was just at Home Depot and Lowes. The majority were shaped like a bommerang and the amount of bark on them was crazy. I saw one where it was only straight cut on 3 sides, the fourth was the outside of a tree minus the bark. Glad I'm not building a house or an addition right now. Best of luck to those of you who are!

• Like 1

I’ve been keeping an eye on the construction lumber around me since we have several projects on the “sometime soon-ish” list and it’s been hit or miss. Sometimes it’s been like that, but today when I was in Lowe’s it was all pretty decent looking. 

16 hours ago, Mark J said:

If you call them natural edge studs you can actually charge more for the house.

We've been saying for years that the price of slabs are too high. Maybe they got wise to that!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, treeslayer said:

I had the pleasure of a visit today from @Ronn W on his way back from woodworking school, great time, much wood talk, and a great lunch provided by my wife. Thanks for stopping by Ronn, always good to see you and talk wood stuff. 492CAC09-2158-4F2E-8746-3C949605F204.jpeg.3e2db7211c2151499b1285885977ced8.jpeg

Haven't I seen you two bums somewhere?  Oh yeah, I remember you were bumming lunch money in Iowa a few years back.   Looks like you got more than enough lunch dough!   :D

• Like 1