Rex Edgar

TITE BOND Question

Will the smooth white surface of melamine bond to another smooth white surface? What about the unfinished surface to the slick, finished surface? There will also be Dominos involved!

image.jpeg

I'd imagine you'd get some adhesion but don't know how strong it would be.  Why don't you give it a test on some scrap wood, then try and pull it apart to see how strong the joint is. 

Just make a test piece. Cut out two small pieces, glue, and clamp. Kinda like a sammich. See how it did in a few hours. My instincts say it won't stick so well. 

Doesn't stick good enough to last as a cabinet joint. They do make melamine glue but I haven't used it.  If you don't have any other options rough up the melamine face with some sandpaper . Using epoxy might be smart too.

Tite bond will not stick to melamine.  You can rough it up but you would need to take at least some of it to bare wood.  I don't think there are many things that stick to melamine.  I know mastic does not work either.