made the Leigh woodworking site

thanks everyone and Shane i'm about 25 years away from a cover of FWW. those bibles are impressive works of art, each one takes monks (in Michigan i think) about 6 months to complete just one, all done by hand, leather bound and illustrated in gold leaf by hand. each set has 7 volumes and there are only 100 sets being produced.

Great work, Dave. Very deserving of the highlight, and just as nice if not nicer than anything on that page!

The crosses on the drawers are a great touch for the piece and done super well !

Yeah, speaking of the crosses- did you journal that piece, or can you share how you did the crosses?

2 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

speaking of the crosses- did you journal that piece, or can you share how you did the crosses?

no magic Ross just saw cuts inlaid with walnut and oak stained and varnished, i wanted to keep it simple and tasteful

1 hour ago, davewyo said:

Now that you're famous you're still gonna hang around with us...right?

dave, i'm surprised and thankful that you guys let me hang around in here with this talented group, i'll never leave this bunch of woodworkers, i had my 10 minutes of fame a long time ago now i'm just famous with the wife 

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

dave, i'm surprised and thankful that you guys let me hang around in here with this talented group, i'll never leave this bunch of woodworkers, i had my 10 minutes of fame a long time ago now i'm just famous with the wife 

There is no better person to be famous with!

• Like 2

On July 3, 2016 at 0:04 PM, wtnhighlander said:

did you journal that piece,

sorry no journal Ross it was before i joined the forum but i did find some better pictures and the two helpers i had.

10 hours ago, micks said:

Beautiful work, Dave

thanks micks, it was one of the bigger projects i have done, i don't think i would do another one like thatDSCN1139 copy 2.jpgDSCN1153 copy 2.jpgDSCN1154 copy 2.jpg

• Like 1