Chestnut

New toys!

Recommended Posts

I thought Shane would need some new festool fix. I bought a new DF 500 set along with a tenon assortment set.

13600030_10101040705140689_3633076981128

Grabbed a new RO sander and a full set of Mirka gold paper. Yeah it's not green. I've used the green ones and while they were good i just couldn't justify. Comparing festool paper and Mirka i think i like the Mirka a bit better but it's too early to tell and my experience with rubin II was minimal.

13508960_10101021339569449_8944354797660

Made a special trip while i was in Duluth to check out Duluth trading company and was disappointed with a hipster wannabe shop. Their apron lookd nice so i bought it and am looking forward to getting it dirty with previously pictured tools.

13613506_10101040702341299_3510590901630

Well off to make some picture frames. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet man.  The domino is quite handy, is there a smaller port inside the Dewalt dust bag to hook up a dust extractor? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice score!

Brendon's digging the right direction..  It's the dust collection that really makes the green sanders shine.  The one you got ranks pretty high on the food chain as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the Domino! I had the money in pocket for such a tool this past week and opted for computer parts instead. Just not enough money to go around!

I had that sander too, or one similar. You couldn't pay me to switch back after using the Festool. Hope your experience is better than mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Sweet man.  The domino is quite handy, is there a smaller port inside the Dewalt dust bag to hook up a dust extractor? 

Yes there is. an it's not their old stupid oval design either it's a regular normal sized round port. I was surprised how smooth the dewalt was compared to the older design, not nearly as good as an ETS but way better than before.

1 minute ago, Cliff said:

Congrats on the Domino! I had the money in pocket for such a tool this past week and opted for computer parts instead. Just not enough money to go around!

I had that sander too, or one similar. You couldn't pay me to switch back after using the Festool. Hope your experience is better than mine. 

I had an old model similar to yours and the new one is way better. I wasn't expecting it to be way better i just wanted a 2nd sander.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TIODS said:

 

Brendon's digging the right direction..  It's the dust collection that really makes the green sanders shine.  The one you got ranks pretty high on the food chain as well.

I've used two rigid sandersh of four years. The cloud  on startup is enough to make bill pentz have an aneurysm

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

I've used two rigid sandersh of four years. The cloud  on startup is enough to make bill pentz have an aneurysm

My coworker today told me that he doesn't wear a mask, has no dust collection and isn't concerned at all about wood dust. 

I am positive Pentz exploded. Dunno where he was but I heard the detonation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Llama said:

Did you get any Duluth underwear?

I didn't that store is a bit on the expensive side.

After using the apron last night though I'm pretty sure it's going to work out really nice for me. The pockets are off to the sides and i didn't get any sawdust in them. Pockets are good and deep as well. My only complaint is that it was made for a person quite a bit larger than i am. I have it as small as possible and it still feels a bit big for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have that apron as well and really like it. Got it for Christmas this past year and have no complaints. But yeah its a little big. I'm a small guy, 5'6" and 150, and sometimes feel like I'm swimming in it. Also, their boxers are awesome. Nice and comfy on the family jewels. I think they have an outlet somewhere around the Cities. Not Albertville, maybe Egan? Can't remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mkrusen said:

I have that apron as well and really like it. Got it for Christmas this past year and have no complaints. But yeah its a little big. I'm a small guy, 5'6" and 150, and sometimes feel like I'm swimming in it. Also, their boxers are awesome. Nice and comfy on the family jewels. I think they have an outlet somewhere around the Cities. Not Albertville, maybe Egan? Can't remember.

I'm an inch taller and 10 lbs heavier so yeah about the same boat. The have a store in north cities and in bloomington.

13775374_10101046550396749_4011285415703

This is unfortunate i went to install the indexing stop on my DF500 and it appears to be broken. The broken part doesn't bother me because acme is awesome with getting fixed the problem is more that they aren't open. :( still works though .... kinda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.