More Doucette and Wolfe

Eric.

48 minutes ago, Llama said:

The maple and cherry desk was around the 5K range if I remember correctly. Honestly, it's close to the price range I'd pay for something of that caliber if I didn't want to make one. I have no idea what the highboy would sell for. Eric probably isn't far off though. 

The highboy falls into the category if you have to ask for the price, you probably can't afford it.

On 7/25/2016 at 1:15 PM, Eric. said:

Anyone who achieves that kind of mastery is in the top 1% of the top 1%.  There are few people on this forum or in the world who are even capable of rising to that level.  You have to spend many, many hours practicing (the Malcolm Gladwell 10,000 hour rule comes to mind) plus you have to have natural ability and the instinct for it.  I know Mel wants to pretend that anyone who puts their mind to something can accomplish anything if they try hard enough...but I just fundamentally disagree with that.  Some people have more talent than others, plain and simple.

Malcolm Gladwell has a new podcast called Revisionist History. The latest episode called Hallelujah is about creativity and worth listening to if you have a spare half hour.

On 7/25/2016 at 9:12 PM, Llama said:

Yeah, he's talented.

Also, did you notice that the guy making the highboy doesn't have a scratch on his hands? Not a scratch. Not a splinter. No scabs, scrapes, or nothing.   That's mastery.

• Like 2