Newest One Time Tool

AcworthWW

If i had a ton of festool I'd have a shelf to store them close to the work space. One cord would always be plugged in and I'd grab the tool plug it in and go. Systainers seem superfluous. I have a small shop though some of you guys with gigantic estate shops might be different. Super small shops might go the other direction but I have no experience there.

The case for the square could be helpful but again I'd probably just make my own solution that takes up less space.

I do keep a cord plugged into my CT at all times.  There are two types of cords, I think it depends on the amperage of the tool.  The higher gauge cord will fit on the lower amp tools, but not the other way around (I think).  But I just switch the cords to make sure the plug-it matches the tool, I don't know enough about electrical motors to know what happens if you up gauge wire... I think you could fry a motor if you start drawing to many amps but your panel doesn't know it because you have too thick of wire between the tool and your outlet.

There are 2 different cords one is 18 gauge, and the other is 16 gauge. The 18 will not fit into the track saws or routers. Upgauging a wire isn't going to fry your tools or cause the motor to pull more amps. 

There are 2 different cords one is 18 gauge, and the other is 16 gauge. The 18 will not fit into the track saws or routers. Upgauging a wire isn't going to fry your tools or cause the motor to pull more amps. 

Good to know, because I've been doing that since I've owned a CT.  I've had my share of Festool problems, but shorts and fried motors are not among them.

There have been people that have shorted their tools by using the larger gauge cord, but it's so rare that it doesn't concern me. I'm sure there were other factors involved.

Incorrect. People shorten their tool's lives because they are morons and don't properly use their tools.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No, it doesn't. But it also automatically isn't user error either.

We weren't talking about people's inability to plug their cords in. We clearly were talking about using only 16 gauge cords on all the tools. Using a 16 gauge cord isn't going to fry your tool. If your connector goes bad, chances are it's because people are pulling on their tool's by the cord. Worst case scenario you can get a new plug or connector and change it.

We weren't talking about people's inability to plug their cords in. We clearly were talking about using only 16 gauge cords on all the tools. Using a 16 gauge cord isn't going to fry your tool. If your connector goes bad, chances are it's because people are pulling on their tool's by the cord. Worst case scenario you can get a new plug or connector and change it.

When im in my shop I use a 10m 16g for every tool. Never had an issue. I think it's important to turn the end of the plug it cord all the way untill it stops to be securely installed on the tool side.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I ordered both versions of the framing square (smaller one and larger in inches) along with the case. They screw you on the mdf if you buy one or both separately, but if you buy them in the package together I think the MDF thing is basically free. $369 + tax for the package deal. You could argue I don't need the 18" one, but I'm not taking a chance when it means waiting another 18 months to buy it. 

After buying the 1281, I'm sold. That thing is incredible. Those that think it's "just a square" you really gotta use one and see if you feel the same way after. 

I like systainers too. For one thing I am in a position to build cabinetry just to hold them. I'm pretty rough on everything I touch so I am glad to have the extra protection.