Newest One Time Tool

AcworthWW

I went ahead and cancelled my order with Woodpecks and went through the Carbide place too.  It's $33...kind of stupid not to.  I think it's ridiculous that a manufacturer can't offer the same price as one of its retailers.  Just goes to show how insane the markup is on these things.  Unless Carbide sells the one time tools as loss-leaders, Woodpecks is raking it in.

Yea if you've never bought from Carbide Processors, you've definitely been missing out! Most of the products they carry come drop shipped from the manufacturers and they just play middle man. So you're still getting the product directly from Woodpeckers.

Also that coupon will work with anything they sell. I buy all my Wera, Wiha, Whiteside, Incra and Woodpeckers gear from them. Anything they dont show on the website, call or chat with them and they can usually get.

8 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Guys, did you have to pay for the square fully upfront?? Or do you pay when it ships?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Live Chat with Carbide Processors and they can answer that for you. Whitney usually works the chat and she's always super helpful.

54 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Why would I do that when a bunch of guys just ordered it?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I'd tell you but I don't know that answer.  I haven't seen a charge on my CC but I just ordered it a couple hours ago.  So I have no idea and I assume neither does anyone else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eric. said:

I went ahead and cancelled my order with Woodpecks and went through the Carbide place too.  It's $33...kind of stupid not to.  I think it's ridiculous that a manufacturer can't offer the same price as one of its retailers.  Just goes to show how insane the markup is on these things.  Unless Carbide sells the one time tools as loss-leaders, Woodpecks is raking it in.

So can we assume you just put $33 cash in the kids' college fund systainer?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

I spent more than that, bought 2 other things. Shipping was 16 bucks I think.

Maybe they are shipping them separately that's why?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nope, all should have shipped for free. I have bought A LOT through them. Live Chat with them tomorrow or give them a call and ask them whats up.

On 10/5/2016 at 8:42 PM, ben_r_ said:

Nope, all should have shipped for free. I have bought A LOT through them. Live Chat with them tomorrow or give them a call and ask them whats up.

Just to close the loop here, customer service there told me:

"I apologize for the confusion. We do offer free shipping, but it is now applied with a coupon code. It looks like you had used your Creekers coupon instead. I believe the creekers coupon actually saved you more than the free shipping coupon would have.  The coupon code for free shipping is relatively new. I'd be happy to go ahead and refund you the shipping charge on this order. For future orders I would just use whichever coupon code will save you the most"

So long story short, I got the shipping free this time because they were nice about it...but it won't work with a discount code in the future.

2 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Just to close the loop here, customer service there told me:

So long story short, I got the shipping free this time because they were nice about it...but it won't work with a discount code in the future.

Yep, just chatted with them too. Seems they have taken the combined deal away. Now its only free shipping OR the 10% off. Shame, over the last couple years I have used that combo from them many times and its always been an awesome deal. All good things come to an end I suppose.

• Like 1

Just now, ben_r_ said:

Yep, just chatted with them too. Seems they have taken the combined deal away. Now its only free shipping OR the 10% off. Shame, over the last couple years I have used that combo from them many times and its always been an awesome deal. All good things come to an end I suppose.

Yeah guess so...was nice of them to discount it one last time though.

I didn't get a shipping notification yet, do you think they're gonna wait and send my entire order when the one time tool is ready? I probably should have asked them about it earlier...lol.

3 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Yeah guess so...was nice of them to discount it one last time though.

I didn't get a shipping notification yet, do you think they're gonna wait and send my entire order when the one time tool is ready? I probably should have asked them about it earlier...lol.

Usually they ship whatever is available when they can. I have had them split orders almost everything. They do because they are just a middle man and almost all the stuff they sell comes directly from the manufacturers of the products. So if you bought other Woodpeckers stuff, Woodpeckers will ship your other items now and the One Time Tool when its finally done.... Someday...

1 minute ago, JosephThomas said:

So you're saying it's just gonna be slow? lol.

Ha yea pretty much. If you did by other Woodpeckers stuff, they usually ship in a couple days though. I have never had to wait too long for anything Ive ever bought from Carbide Processors EXCEPT One Time Tools, but then thats not their fault of course.

• Like 1

Well that stinks about Carbide Processors not allowing the 10% discount code and free shipping now. My first order with them was the 26" Woodpeckers square then last week I ordered Popular Tools miter saw and table saw blade. The miter saw blade cuts like butter but the 50T combo blade leaves bad swirls on both rips and crosscuts. I emailed them about it and they refunded my money and said to keep the blade so they have great customer service it seems. I was looking forward to using them more in the future but I hate to pay for shipping...I'm a spoiled Amazon Prime brat.