Sign in to follow this  
swiftyfrommi

Not fine woodworking... Train bed

I agree with Drew steel, fine woodworking or not, that is awesome and you are quite talented, swifty !! Really cool.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

That's awesome and the kid's gonna love it!

I bet that's one heavy SOB though!  Damn!

Actually I used a bunch of t-nuts and threaded inserts so it can be taken apart to move around.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That's cool as all hell!  One idea... Night light for the head light!

I am actually making it for someone else after I get it primed they are going to finish painting it but I will tell them your idea.

Just now, swiftyfrommi said:

I am actually making it for someone else after I get it primed they are going to finish painting it but I will tell them your idea.

There should be battery operated ones available, so there's no cord to get in the way!

Very cool, my son would have loved it a few years ago! I have to ask, how did you bend mdf around the sides?

It is only 1/8 th inch so I just went slowly and actually wasn't to hard.

• Like 1

Looks great! 

Are you going to paint it like a toy train or go for a more realistic iron and rust type scheme?

I just made it for someone else. I think they are going to paint it black and gold.

I often give clients the option to paint projects themselves to save money. An amazing amount of time can be spent on a multi colored paint scheme. 

If I leave small flaws, runs ,drips or rough lines between colors people will nitpick it to death. If they do it themselves it's amazing how many flaws they are willing to overlook !

• Like 2

I often give clients the option to paint projects themselves to save money. An amazing amount of time can be spent on a multi colored paint scheme. 

If I leave small flaws, runs ,drips or rough lines between colors people will nitpick it to death. If they do it themselves it's amazing how many flaws they are willing to overlook !

I hate painting and the only reason I primed it was so I could make sure there wasn't any gaps that I missed

• Like 1