Chet

Barrister's Bookcase - Finished

Recommended Posts

Really well done, Chet! It seems like it came together really quickly. Probably not as much as you...but I too am looking forward to the "pop" when the finish goes on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I really appreciate it.  It was a enjoyable project that stretched my skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am lovin' that thing.  The glass is a great detail.  The finish looks great and the setting is perfect for the piece.  Congrats!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bookcase is gorgeous, The glass makes it quite different. I was wondering how well do you see what's inside with the glass?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

I am lovin' that thing.  The glass is a great detail.  The finish looks great and the setting is perfect for the piece.  Congrats!

 

48 minutes ago, SimonR said:

The bookcase is gorgeous, The glass makes it quite different. I was wondering how well do you see what's inside with the glass?

In the photos you get a lot of light refraction with the glass but it isn't as busy as it looks.  When you put books on the shelves you have no trouble reading titles.  We took a number of books to the glass shop to test before we ordered the glass.  We haven't put any in the case yet, I wanted to get a cure on the finish, but when we do I will try to get a decent photo with out flash glare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

 

In the photos you get a lot of light refraction with the glass but it isn't as busy as it looks.  When you put books on the shelves you have no trouble reading titles.  We took a number of books to the glass shop to test before we ordered the glass.  We haven't put any in the case yet, I wanted to get a cure on the finish, but when we do I will try to get a decent photo with out flash glare.

Makes sense, that would have been my guess that you did check beforehand on the glass, At first I thought it was some very wild figured wood as the first picture drew my attention before reading!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 106 Guests (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    28950
    Total Topics
    391420
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    21862
    Total Members
    1529
    Most Online
    Carla R Coats
    Newest Member
    Carla R Coats
    Joined