New Jet 1632

Mike, I was looking at the email this morning.  I don't if by 19-28 you meant the SuperMax 19-38 which is the Drum Sander I have and I am extremely happy with it.  It's a beast, I think it would sand the shingles of your roof if you need it to.  And for just $100 more you get a drum that is 3 inches wider then the jet.  Acme tools has free shipping on this size order all the time.

I own several Jet tools and was planning to buy the Jet 1632. When I got to the store and saw the Performax 1938 and the Jet 1632 side by side I quickly changed my mind and ended up driving away with the 1938 loaded in the back of my truck. It was not just the extra 3" of width for me - the Performax is just an all around beefier machine

• 1 year later...

The Jet 1632 suits the scale of my shop and, as we can’t get some if the brands in the UK that you can get over in the US, then the Jet is the one I’m going for. I can also get the Powermatic PM2244 drum sander over here as well as the Jet Oscillating 2244 but both would take up far too much room in my shop.

I was very impressed with the 16/32 when I saw it physically the other day and the way to adjust the parallelism of the conveyor platten relative to the drum was great. The new way of installing abrasive was also much improved over the original. It also had a Manufactured in Switzerland label on it so not outsourced to a Far Eastern manufacturer. I have one on order for delivery when I get back from vacation.