Tablesaw Island?

Griff

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if my title is 100% correct. I'm wanting to build on around the sides of my table saw to give me more support for ripping sheet goods. Also with built in storage below. I hope I'm explaining that well. I have 30in rip capacity on the right of the blades I've looked on YouTube for ideas. The guy from rockin H workshop has something similar to what  going for. 

Thanks for any advice. 

Sounds to me like infeed and outfeed tables.  Is it a cabinet saw or contractor saw?  There are a thousand ways to build them, you have to find one that works for you.  If you're cutting sheet goods, you need an outfeed table as well, or it'll fall off your saw before you finish your cut!

That is about as much surface area as most of us have on our saws.  Ripping or cross cutting full sheets of sheet goods is just not easy or safe on a table saw.  There is a reason most of us break down sheet goods before they hit the TS.

That said, still take a look at job site saw cabinets.  You "could" likely incorporate a lot of the same ideas to fit your saw.

I used this (http://www.finewoodworking.com/2007/08/17/rock-solid-plywood-bench) bench design and a solid core door for my table saw set up. It is tall enough to go over the jointer, the same level as the router table in the back and the blade is more than two feet from the post so I can still break down a full sheet if I want to use my table saw. 

20160623_204323.jpg

• Like 2