Fine Woodworking Live !

shaneymack

7 minutes ago, -MattK- said:

no*, but you might be able to stroke my @Llama

* the beard is gone again!  I'm trying to look employable!  Plus it makes it a lot nicer to eat wings without the beard.

I thought hipster beards were the in thing in the NYC area? What do they call it Lumbersexual? LOL absurd city people.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Anyone else coming? Better get your ticket in the next couple days as the price jumps from 445$ to 575$ this week ! I just bought my ticket and room is already booked ! 

http://www.finewoodworkinglive.com/

How'd you do on the exchange rate?  I don't think it ever really got better, did it?

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

I'm not sure if I can. Just curious, are you going to the classes, or just walking the floor?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Im walking the floor until i get into a classroom. Im definitely going to the classes given by Mike P, Garret Hack and Steve Latta !! Some of my fave woodworkers. 

Sadly, as predicted I'll be travelling with the family that week.  Sorry I'll be missing it, it's not quite in my back yard but it's close enough I wouldn't have needed a hotel.

Bummer

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I would like to go but can't swing it this year, class budget is still limited so I would rather spend the money on one large one than a bunch of few hour long ones.

I was able to see Steve Latta do a demo locally on inlay/banding/sandshading/bell flowers for about 3 hours and I agree with you Shane, he is awesome (and super mellow)

• 2 months later...

No doubt you are, and I'd like to check out your sleeve, I like good color work..... Why don't you bring it to Amana, Iowa to the "Handworks" show May 19th and 20th.  I promise you that as good and fine a Canadian you are, a 13 year old boy learned more in that one month than I've learned since.  That 17 year old, turned me every way but loose.

No doubt you are, and I'd like to check out your sleeve, I like good color work..... Why don't you bring it to Amana, Iowa to the "Handworks" show May 19th and 20th.  I promise you that as good and fine a Canadian you are, a 13 year old boy learned more in that one month than I've learned since.  That 17 year old, turned me every way but loose.

Wow. Is it getting hot in here?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, shaneymack said:

Wow. Is it getting hot in here?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yeah, I guess I'd better back off that line of thinking.  But damn it was the greatest time of my young life.   Seriously though, there are three of us going to the Handworks show in Iowa in a few weeks, any chance you could join us?  It's all about hand tools and St. Roy will be there Saturday morning giving a lecture.  It'll be me, Ken Cooper and Dave Aka: treeslayer, Interestingly, the three of us have never met either.

Yeah, I guess I'd better back off that line of thinking.  But damn it was the greatest time of my young life.   Seriously though, there are three of us going to the Handworks show in Iowa in a few weeks, any chance you could join us?  It's all about hand tools and St. Roy will be there Saturday morning giving a lecture.  It'll be me, Ken Cooper and Dave Aka: treeslayer, Interestingly, the three of us have never met either.

I just checked it out and it looks cool ! I definitely would if i could but i can't get away for another weekend so soon. We definitely all need to meet up at FWW live next year !

Oh man! You got to meet Matt Kenney. I follow him on instagram and really dig everything he does.

Ya he is a nice guy. The class I took with him was a design class which was pretty good. I found myself fighting to stay awake but i think it was more the fault of the 5 lbs of food I ate right before I went to his class. Food coma will getchya everytime !