Black Friday Deals & Discussion

Cliff

Here's a link to the Rockler Black Friday ad:

http://flyer.rockler.com/december/app.php?RelId=6.8.1.4.1

A few good deals in there!  $20 off a set of workbench casters might be more than I can resist.  I'm about to dive into the Roubo project and find the idea of a mobile-when-it-needs-to-be bench to be very appealing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Yeah that 25% off is great Lester...but too bad they took it off of $8.50/bf for cherry.  That's insanely high.  Our 80/90 FAS Pennsylvania cherry (best of the best) is $4.90/bf.

Their pricing is funny.  They charge more per bd ft for the project packs.  Here is their pricing for random boards.  image.jpeg

17 minutes ago, C Shaffer said:

closely matched. 

I wouldn't hold my breath on that part.  Preparing the bundle and a little extra for shipping (no way they ship that for $13)...that makes sense.  But even with that additional overhead considered, that's still quite the markup.

I seriously doubt their lemmings are color matching boards before they wrap them up.  I'd loved to be proved wrong on that but I'm fairly confident I won't be.

Just now, Lester Burnham said:

That's great 4.90 sounds awesome. Are you guys shipping stuff yet? You mentioned it this summer. I'd love some best of the best.

No, unfortunately he keeps dragging his feet on the online sales.  Must be a can of worms he doesn't really wanna open.

Where do you live?

14 minutes ago, Eric. said:

They charged him $13 for shipping.  Totally reasonable but it's still money.  That's another almost three bf at my yard.

I know, but no way $13 covers the shipping, so part of it is covered in project pack price.  

FWIW, Shannon is selling cherry project packs for $4bd/ft, but shipping is $47 for a 15 bd ft pack.   So it ends up being $7.13 bd ft delivered compared to the $7 bd ft Iceballs paid, after the discount.  

http://www.hardwoodtogo.com/cherry

6 minutes ago, Lester Burnham said:

I'm in Bowling Green KY. We went through this before. Closest thing is Nashville. My friend and I went to the 2 places we found here locally and they don't really sell to random people off the street. They said they could sell us 100bf or around that at a time, recurring, and that won't do. A cabinet place had a pallet of 38" 1x4s of hard maple that they sold us for cheap because it was a return. My buddy and I snatched it up because our other choice would be HD or Lowes.

Gotcha.  Yeah I get it...certain areas are ghost towns for lumber.  We have customers come in from all over the midwest and say that can't find anything good locally.

13 hours ago, Denette said:

Here's a link to the Rockler Black Friday ad:

http://flyer.rockler.com/december/app.php?RelId=6.8.1.4.1

A few good deals in there!  $20 off a set of workbench casters might be more than I can resist.  I'm about to dive into the Roubo project and find the idea of a mobile-when-it-needs-to-be bench to be very appealing.

Which set of casters? The set on the bottom right of page 14 are the ones I want, and they appear to be normal price.

19 minutes ago, Mike. said:

I know, but no way $13 covers the shipping, so part of it is covered in project pack price.

Yep, all the projects say 'shipping is free' or whatevs, but not for the individual boards or for lumber by the board foot. They have good deals here and there, but it sounds like cherry isn't one of 'em.

You'll be all right Ice, you're making awesome stuff. Keep going ;) In 6 months or so after you've saved up a bit more, drive out to Eric's yard and bring back a load. I know you ride a bike, but keep in mind you can quite easily fit 100 bd ft in a sedan if the back seat folds down. I have done nearly 150 bd ft with 10 foot long boards, but that was pushing it. There's always a roof rack and tie downs too.

• Like 2

http://www.rockler.com/workbench-caster-kit-4-pack

These.  They're supposed to be $20 off, and originally $80, but I haven't looked into them before today.

Yeah...I have seen them at this "sale price" before I guess. Also the exact same design branded by powertec is for sale for roughly the same price all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I didn't really see much this year...having said that I didn't really need much either. I did get some spindle sander sleeves (10% off I think)  and a Incra 1000HD miter gauge from Klingspor, featherpro (30% off), some peel and stick sandpaper (40% off) from Peachtree, a handful of bandsaw blades from HWW that were 10% off, and  a couple of glue applicators and a glue mat from Rockler.

Everyone know about the 20% off at AcmeTools.com right now? Coupon Code: "CYBERSTEAL" Free shipping for orders over $199 and no sales tax for most. One times use per account and only for one item. I was able to get the 12" Bosch Glide SCMS for $480 shipped. It was that or I was looking at a Fuji Mini-Mite 4 for 20% off. Think the coupon code is good till the end of Monday.

• Like 1

Everyone know about the 20% off at AcmeTools.com right now? Free shipping for orders over $199 and no sales tax for most. One times use per account and only for one item. I was able to get the 12" Bosch Glide SCMS for $480 shipped. It was that or I was looking at a Fuji Mini-Mite 4 for 20% off. Think the coupon code is good till the end of Monday.

Where do you get the coupon code?