Black Friday Deals & Discussion

Cliff

30 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Why would you not be able too?

Because his country's PM just decided to side with Cuba in the embargo... all trade between US and the canadians has been frozen.  

Why would you not be able too?

If you saw what they usually want to charge us to get anything across the border, it'd make sense. The shipping is often more than the item cost. And don't get me started on what happens if UPS ends up having to take it through a customs broker.

This is why I end up buying everything at Lee valley.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Just went to Woodcraft to pick up some hardware and see what's shakin' and came home with this sweet little flush trim razor saw for the collection.  It was not on sale.  So whatever.

Now that the self imposed tool buying restriction is over, I would have expected something more impressive.  Very disappointing, your slipping.

29 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

Now that the self imposed tool buying restriction is over, I would have expected something more impressive.  Very disappointing, your slipping.

Like I said in another thread recently...the only things left for me to buy are little doodads and gigantic upgrades like a real bandsaw or DC system.  This was an expensive year for me so those purchases have been pushed off indefinitely.  I don't need them anyway.  I could build the rest of my life with the tools I have.  I'm set.  Until they break. :unsure: