Drills Are Like Clamps

..Kev

6 minutes ago, Llama said:

I see that Dewalt sponsorship came through! 

Thanks Mel!  If I could just get them to send me stuff without paying for it! ;)

For the record, 3 or 4 YT videos did not get me sponsored by Dewalt.  Laziness of changing bits caused me to spend my money to pick up extras.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Thanks Mel!  If I could just get them to send me stuff without paying for it! ;)

For the record, 3 or 4 YT videos did not get me sponsored by Dewalt.  Laziness of changing bits caused me to spend my money to pick up extras.

4 drills and 1 impact driver sounds about right to me, (its what I haveB)), and it is not laziness.  It is practical efficiency at its best. (I just made that up, gonna use it a lot when someone calls me lazy.):D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Y'all forgot the right angle drill ! So handy in tight quarters.  I think I am up to 7 versions of the little 12 v Bosch drills. So handy to have plenty of batteries, just keep buying the same brand & voltage.

I have a corded angle drill, love it too!

7 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Yeah I dunno...I have one of each and I do fine. :unsure:

Just keep changing bits.. ;)

I'd like another drill or two.  When I was working on my clamp rack this weekend I was using a counter sink/ pilot drill, then since I didn't have the correct size I was drilling with an 1/8" drill bit, then driving a screw.  It was a bit of a pain.  Now sure having the right counter sink/ pilot drill would have saved one step but there is still another to drive the screws.  I'd like a 12v Milwaukee drill to go with my 18v set.  I had to borrow my buddies to drive the screws in the slides on my vanity cabinet.  Plus who doesn't want more tools.  

It is certainly a luxury to have multiple drill motors.  Like multiple hand routers, you can setup each one for a task and power through those repetitive processes.. I actually gave an impact driver away as I saw little use for one in my shop. 

Wouldn't you know, I got another one (Makita) as a gift along with a hammer drill.  Both pretty useless in my shop but, I enthusiastically accepted it since the giver was really proud of his selection.  It is setting next to my feet under my desk where it has been for some time ;-)