Sign in to follow this  
Chet

Memorial Box

That's beautiful Chet!  I was asked to build one for a friend who died suddenly and it was a real honor. You're a good man!

• Like 2

Beautiful piece Chet! It even looks like a memorial with the corner treatment. Is this your own design?

• Like 2

I looked on the internet at some commercial stuff, not a lot of imagination there but I did get some size guide lines,  talked to a couple of the guys here, looked at Marc's video and this was the result of all of that.  The corners were the second version, the first didn't look well at all.

Thanks for the kind word everyone.

The single pic is worth a thousand words.  That padauk will darken nicely over time.  An honorable thing, using your skills to make such a wonderful item.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gee-dub said:

An honorable thing, using your skills to make such a wonderful item.

5 hours ago, TIODS said:

Nice job Chet.

Thanks guys.

I sure your son in laws family will appreciate and treasure such a wonderful gesture and piece during the tough times they are going through.

• Like 1

The single picture is absolutely perfect for this post/project. What a great honor to be asked to create something like this. I am sure your work will help comfort the family for years to come. Well done.