Bubinga Lowbacks

shaneymack

Shane, have you reached to point of using them as "Systickers" yet? Gotta keep air circulating around all that lovely wood, ya know!

LOL No stickers. Its not milled yet and it will only be there for 2 days so it'll be fine. Too heavy to lift to put stickers under! Ok I'm exaggerating but seriously these pieces are the heaviest pieces of 8/4 timber I've ever man handled.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Apparently the Chinese are depleting Africa of all its bubinga. That what ive been told. Death by China.

Between them taking the best walnut, and now bubinga, i would say war is imminent. Seriously though, are the chinese really to blame for global shortages and price spikes on others? Im more than willing to blame the huns, but im unsure if they are to blame for all lumber problems. Does China not have worthwhile hardwoods? I assume they must have something worth working with over that diverse and huge landmass.

Unique and difficult design coupled with expensive wood should make these two damn near priceless. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TIODS said:

Just plain "wow" Shane!  These are on my list so will be enjoying the journey!

Kev, I bought the patterns some while back and realized, after watching you guys build the rocker, there was no way in hell I would ever attempt it. I'll send them your way if you like? 

Shane, fantastic looking boards! Looking forward to watching this thing become reality!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence but I better stick to Adirondack chairs where there's a whole lot more room for error ;)

Nah, go for it Coop!  Take it step by step and you'll find that it's not as difficult as you think,

6 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Did you guys buy the plans from brocks sight? 

I got mine from Highland woodworking. On sale right now. go for it !!

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/Dining-Chair-Plan.aspx

16 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Those are going to be some stunning chairs ! Probably heavy too .

Ya insanely heavy. Heaviest boards ive ever lifted so i can only imagine how heavy each chair will be. 

I like the look of the chairs, but I gotta be honest I don't understand the arms....they look like they wouldn't be comfortable with that huge sweeping curve, like I am picturing my elbows feeling awkward from being so much higher than my wrists. Can anyone that has sat in one teach me why I'm wrong? :)

Or better yet, someone that has one, show me a photo of you sitting in it, focused on how your arms sit on the arm-rests? Everything that shows up in a google search never shows ppl actually sitting in the chairs ...apparently they are too gorgeous for actual use :P

• Like 1