Bubinga Lowbacks

shaneymack

Nice work as usual Shane.  Was there a reason you didn't have a throat plate in the router table when you did the pattern cut?

Ya I didn't have one with a hole big enough for that bit. I have other blank inserts but didn't feel like drilling a hole appropriate for that bit. Lazy....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When routing a well supported part in a jig and making large amounts of shavings I have found that using a larger throat plate or no throat plate does improve dust collection.

I used a tee and connected my dust collector to my router table above and below . WOW major improvement over a large shop vac .

53 minutes ago, wdwerker said:
When routing a well supported part in a jig and making large amounts of shavings I have found that using a larger throat plate or no throat plate does improve dust collection.

I used a tee and connected my dust collector to my router table above and below . WOW major improvement over a large shop vac .

Ya that how mine is set up, Steve. One hose in fence and one below both joining to dust collection. I get pretty much 100% collection.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

Good thing you got started on these when you did, I heard bubinga was officially added to CITES list.

Ya thas what @Minnesota Steve mentioned earlier today. My dealer told me this was going to happen long ago and that was one of the reasons i wanted to do these out of Bubinga. I bought almost all he had left in stock. 

16 hours ago, Pug said:

That joke just never gets old for some of the USA folks...

I was on the leevalley website last night to take advantage of the free shipping offer.  I thought the prices seemed high, like the low-angle jack plane was $279 instead of $245 last time I looked.   I wondered if the price just jumped because of Bubinga?

And then I realized I was looking at the prices in Canadian. :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...