Need help finding a hook!

Llama

1 hour ago, CandorLush said:

Where did you get that picture from?

Client sent it to me. Wants me to make him a coat rack.

49 minutes ago, CandorLush said:

That is the closest thing I've seen online. Maybe I should raid an old school... 

• Like 2

Well, I got the commission... Now to get these hooks!! I spent a few hours last night, then again this morning online looking and emailing everyone with a website. I even went to the antique dealer... Many of them were in there today cleaning up/doing whatever they do.. I got about a dozen "good lucks" and a few "never seen those" from the pros... Then I ran across an old lady that swears she has "a bunch of those" in a drawer... Apparently her husband did some refinishing work. She is coming back in a couple of weeks, ( I hope that means two)... We'll see if she comes through. I will continue the search just to ease my mind. 

4 hours ago, Chet K said:

I wonder if you could have some made.  Maybe you could contact one of those "maker" facilities where they have the different artisans all at one location.  Black Smith or something.

@Llama worst case, since your not adverse to getting something 3d printed, is to have a 3d modeller make a set of exact copies, and then do a "lost wax" bronze casting from it.  Aside from the bronze itself, it's a relatively cheap process to do at home using a charcoal forced air kiln, or like Chet said, find a local makershop to help you do it.    But if you found some that will work, that'll do. 

• Like 1

one thing I know from being around furniture manufactures a lot of hardware is  propitiatory, and almost impossible to be found, this may be the case in you case, Case in point I still light a show room for a large furniture manufacture, and the hardware used on their product is designed to fit the style, you can go to several show rooms and see furniture looking the same but the hardware is always different,  very rarely one sees stock hardware, unless it is low end like RTA's (flat packs)

or IKEA,

http://www.signaturehardware.com/hardware/coat-hooks-and-racks.html?gclid=CK7DpoieotECFdgPgQodpsUE1g

http://www.vandykes.com/antique-coat-hat-hooks/c/326/?gclid=CPT6qPOeotECFYs6gQodmtgDow&ef_id=VT0zEQAAAcT7CzMW:20170102005000:s

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ncfowler said:

Close, but not exact.

I bought a bunch of cast iron ones from eBay. They'll be here soon. If anyone has a source for brass ones I'm all ears.

• Like 1