Sign in to follow this  
tech413

Pine/hickory stairs!

I feel like a Festool commercial anymore! I have invested pretty heavy in them in the last year but it is really paying off. I love their stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The last pic says it all. Some pretty tight joints going on there! Very well done! From the other pics, that's going to be a pretty neat house! How many sq. ft.? Ya'll are doing it all yourselves? 

• Like 2

The last pic says it all. Some pretty tight joints going on there! Very well done! From the other pics, that's going to be a pretty neat house! How many sq. ft.? Ya'll are doing it all yourselves? 

Thank you! We are doing nearly all the work ourselves. Its been a long haul. House is just over 3000 sq feet.

So you dominoed the stringers and then cut the mortice to fit the treads ? Looks like the CYA type overkill I do just to make damn sure it holds up !  Looks great , thanks for sharing .

That's right! That's how I did it. Exactly my plan! We plan to stay in this house forever! Don't wanna redo these!

Nice work. My buddy does custom interior railing builds, and owns an old metal jig for striger mortices. Did you use something shop made? They look surgical !

Looks great!  Housed stringers can't be beat for fit.  I can't help but worry about the rise on the first step on the landing though.  Is other flooring going on top of the landing?

Looks great!  Housed stringers can't be beat for fit.  I can't help but worry about the rise on the first step on the landing though.  Is other flooring going on top of the landing?

Yes sir, still bullnose to make and hardwood flooring to install!

A festool man AND ditra uncoupling membrane !! A man after my own heart. Totally awesome !

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Fantastic job! If the rest of the house is built with the same quality, several generations will be able to retire there.

• Like 1

Is that a Hammer combo machine I spy in earlier pics? 

It sure is! A3-41! Love that machine!

Very nice! I really like the contrast of the black spindles with the wood.

Thank you! They are hot rolled square bar finished with linseed oil.

• Like 1

Fantastic job! If the rest of the house is built with the same quality, several generations will be able to retire there.

That was the plan!