Best "simple" tip

Glad somebody brought this up.

I have a couple of questions for a beginner.

1.  When do you know when sandpaper should be swapped out?  On my ROS I usually look for the edges starting to tear, is that too soon, too late?

2. I have the same respirator as Marc, when do you know when to replace those filters?  I have the pink particle filters and the ones for fumes, I have used both for a while now, just don't know when it is time to swap those out for new ones.

To add to the simple tip, my tip is to not burp into your respirator after a beer, learned that one the hard way.

Thanks,

Jake

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JakeL said:

2. I have the same respirator as Marc, when do you know when to replace those filters?  I have the pink particle filters and the ones for fumes, I have used both for a while now, just don't know when it is time to swap those out for new ones.

On the physical cartridges, I replace mine when I notice the effort to breath through them has increased. I replace the organic filters once I can smell anything coming through them, or after a few months (store in a sealed container between uses).

I recently switched to the extended-use grey pads (#2297), and I have to say they are a lot nicer. More expensive, but the breathing effort is less, and they last a long time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, drzaius said:

I've never found the brown paper trick to really do it for me. Maybe I'm doing wrong.

Didn't work for me either.  And honestly it felt dirty and weird rubbing a paper bag on my beautiful finish anyway.  Platin pads for the win.