Grizzly coupon?

byegge

Hey everyone. I am about to close on my first house and am going to finally have room to work. My 10' by 10' "shop" has been good for getting me started but with but with a larger space comes larger tools. Looking at purchasing a grizzly table saw and wondering if anyone had a coupon lying around. If so and you don't need it hit me up. Thanks 

15 minutes ago, ben_r_ said:

I have only gotten one of those and it was 10% off via email. I wish I could figure out how they send them out or if they are totally random. Im already subscribed to their mailing list. I could use another one too!

What are you thinking of getting Ben?

3 minutes ago, mat60 said:

What are you thinking of getting Ben?

Well Ive got a $100 GC from Grizzly due to the G0563 oscillating edge sander debacle I went through (LINK) and I was thinking of combining that with a 10% off coupon if I could find one to pick up the DeWalt DW788 scroll saw with stand and light.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ben_r_ said:

Well Ive got a $100 GC from Grizzly due to the G0563 oscillating edge sander debacle I went through and I was thinking of combining that with a 10% off coupon if I could find one to pick up the DeWalt DW788 scroll saw with stand and light.

Been thinking about a scroll saw myself but from what I here the Dwalt is very nice followed by the Delta.  I dont no if the lower cost ones are ok to start with.

• Like 1

Just now, mat60 said:

Been thinking about a scroll saw myself but from what I here the Dwalt is very nice followed by the Delta.  I dont no if the lower cost ones are ok to start with.

Yea from everything Ive read and from what Ive seen myself looking at the other options Ive checked out in person I wouldnt put my money anywhere other than the DeWalt. Its the tried and true option and is more than Ill likely ever need. This is the best deal around for one: LINK

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mat60 said:

Actually, the De Walt saw is a middle class saw. There are cheaper and there are more expensive saws to be had.

I have had a De Walt scroll saw for about 8 years (my third saw) and love it. However, they have quit making them! Not to worry though, the Delta is an exact copy and all parts are interchangeable.

If you are not real sure about scrolling, I would recommend a cheaper saw to start with. They go from anywhere around $70.00 or $100.00 on up to $1,200.00 0r $1,400.00.

I started with a $100.00 saw (Tradesman) and out grew it in a year. I then bought a $200.00 saw (Dremel) and thought I had died and gone to heaven! It lasted me about 3 years before it wasn't good enough. Now the De Walt is still holding up OK but, like everything else there is always "BIGGER AND BETTER" out there. LOL

But, it is only worth it if you enjoy sitting and getting a lap full of saw dust and eye strain at the same time. It is not a woodworking type that everyone enjoys.

Well Mat, don't get me wrong, scrolling is a lot of fun and very relaxing and I enjoy it a bunch but not everyone does. (in fact, some people don't even consider scrolling as "real" woodworking.)

I started wood working with the scroll saw and then moved on with other, bigger projects. I still went back to scrolling quite often. I've made toys and games for the grandkids and used it for inlays on various pieces over the years.

TopGear001.jpg

Boxesfinished002_zps9d102348.jpg

Finishedvase003_zps17da400f.jpg

Just a few examples of hundreds that I've made.

• Like 1