Should I buy this?

Llama

On 3/26/2017 at 0:04 AM, Llama said:

Watching an Irish castle show on Netflix... Got me thinking... hmm.... How much does a castle cost?!? So, off to the Googler! 

Well, not as much as I thought it would. Here is one that I like. 

http://www.my-french-house.com/property-in-france/brittany/chateau/73487/

Once Brexit goes through you can probably buy it for a song :)  Literally, a song.  Maybe Stairway to Heaven, but still a song.

• Like 2

This one is in my hometown.  Of course it was built in like the 70's, guy built it for his wife, then they divorced before it was finished, so I've been told.  Someone bought it around 15 years ago, shortly after one day it caught fire, I sat on the plank fence and watched the center part burn to the ground.  Put a lot of money into it to host weddings and crap, has been for sale for either 15 million or 30, can't remember.

http://www.thecastlepost.com/

Mine too.  Even though I have over two thousand years of Royal blood behind me, I'm still out here trying to make a living pounding nails, and breathing sawdust.

The Percy surname was lost a couple of times in the last 800 years, although the Y chromosome line was unbroken.  Sometime around 1326 my ancestor won some sort of competition where "Kynge" was added to the end of his name.  After that, it became his descendants'  surname.