resin cast table top

do you guys have a recommendation on what type of resin to buy if I want to do a table top that has elements on the bottom but get covered up and flat top. I'll need to buy a very large volume of it

example of type of thing i mean

b42a3926-5982-4800-a8f7-ae971054c9a2_zps

I imagine i'd want the 'casting resin'  like this opposed to just normal resin? In one of the videos i watched the guy recommended polyester resin because it's cheap (although it smells horrible). There's also polyurethane resin but needs to be done in a moisture free area. 

found this quote in an article:

"I use epoxy for everything unless I am trying to cast something larger that I want to have a shiny gloss finish.  In that case, I use polyester because I can polish it on my buffing wheel instead of using the gloss sealer spray or coating with another layer of resin.  If I lived in a less humid environment (like the desert), I would definitely do more with polyurethane resin as I suspect I could work with it without needing a dehumidifier."

Probably casting resin. As I recall, it is a harder material than polyester resin. Polyester is sometimes used in place of epoxy resin glassing wooden boats, and I've heard pros and cons for both, but polyesther is supposedly more flexible / softer.

If you are embedding objects with a lower specific gravity than the resin, be sure to glue them to the substrate first, or cast the thing upside down, so the side the embedments float up to becomes the bottom.

22 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Probably casting resin. As I recall, it is a harder material than polyester resin. Polyester is sometimes used in place of epoxy resin glassing wooden boats, and I've heard pros and cons for both, but polyesther is supposedly more flexible / softer.

If you are embedding objects with a lower specific gravity than the resin, be sure to glue them to the substrate first, or cast the thing upside down, so the side the embedments float up to becomes the bottom.

this article is saying epoxy stays somewhat soft but polyester resin gets hard like glass https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/what-kind-of-resin-should-i-use

I use West System Epoxy and it's anything but soft when it's cured!  Maybe other types of epoxies can be soft, but in my experience the West System kind gets very hard and durable.

Have you had any yellowfin with it? Which number 205,206or 207

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk