Woodworkers Anonymous

51 minutes ago, bgreenb said:

Lol yup we definitely have. 

Thats awesome. Such a great area. I'm going to oak bluffs for a week in July and bringing the boat. And my parents rented a house in Falmouth heights in August so I'm gonna go down for a few days. Great boating down there. 

maybe we can grab a beer!  we stay in the Heights, and I should be out on the boat as much as possible all summer.  go to OB quite a bit.

Edited by Jfitz
apparently Eric doesn't want to hear about my ass.
  • Like 2

I have a hard time separating woodworking stuff away from other tools I buy since I do so many different things, and the list keeps growing of things people want me to build or fix that I've never done before, so it's an unending quest for tools. Last major purchase was to Trow and Holden a few days ago.   Sometimes I might go a whole day without buying something tool related off of ebay.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tom King said:

I have a hard time separating woodworking stuff away from other tools I buy since I do so many different things, and the list keeps growing of things people want me to build or fix that I've never done before, so it's an unending quest for tools. Last major purchase was to Trow and Holden a few days ago.   Sometimes I might go a whole day without buying something tool related off of ebay.

My saw vise thanks you. 

Actually Last year I probably spent less then a $1000 all year in new tool purchases and found that I really have most of what I need. Like Eric mentioned when I add something new to my work I drop a few hundred (think stained glass tools this year) but other than that I was pretty much set. I was so proud of myself I started this year out buying a Sawstop to replace a perfectly good PM66, I then picked up a Festool OF 2200 to save on the $20 price increase, and went to Handworks and picked up a Walke Moore model 2500 router plane to go with the two router planes I already own...oh I need help...but hey I love them all and they were all on my wish list for many months and I don't smoke, drink (well not much) or do drugs...Yeah were good :) 

• Like 2

I might have been wrong about going a whole day.  I just looked at my purchases history on ebay, and the last 60 days is four pages long.

edited to add:   I'm also known on a first name basis by probably an embarrassingly long list of tool suppliers in quite a number of different fields.

4 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Sidetrack:@Eric. you gonna journal that inlay project, bro?

I guess I could.  It's gonna be pretty embarrassing when I screw the pooch though.  I still don't have all the details ironed out yet...research and acquisition mode still.  Getting closer.  I'll decide later.