Grilling and Smoking BBQ

MattF

On 10/3/2018 at 5:36 AM, Isaac said:

Late to the party here, but for those looking at lower cost smokers, I suggest looking into the Pit Barrel Cooker. It is extremely easy to operate and produces exceptional results. Plus you get to cook your meat by hanging it on hooks. It also has huge capacity and cooks faster than traditional smoker methods. 

pit_barrel_cooker_package_2016_350pix.png?itok=ID3NLSTi

Image result for pit barrel cooker amazing ribs

https://amazingribs.com/smoker/pit-barrel-cooker-review

I've been very happy with mine. 

I looked in to the Pit Barrel cookers when I was smoker shopping. They are nice and people love them. What turned me away was the limited access to the fuel. I ultimately went with the Weber Smokey Mountain 22". 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MattF said:

I looked in to the Pit Barrel cookers when I was smoker shopping. They are nice and people love them. What turned me away was the limited access to the fuel. I ultimately went with the Weber Smokey Mountain 22". 

my neighbor has that one. I don't think you can go wrong with either of those options.  It is a bit tricky getting the charcoal to the bottom of the barrel, and if you do need to reload, that is a challenge. But I've almost never needed to do that.  

I've started using 100% hardwood scraps for grilling and it's been working great. I just start a fire with cherry and oak scraps let it burn down so everything has a good char then i smother the fire with the lid to basically make charcoal. Doesn't last as long but i get a ton of smoke and a LOT less ash.

Killing some time with 10 minutes to go before lunch.  Thank you very much.  Having to explain the tummy rumbling to my co-workers without letting on that I'm goofing off on the internet.

For some strange reason I now want a steak for lunch.  They don't have those at McDonald's.

54 minutes ago, Byrdie said:

Killing some time with 10 minutes to go before lunch.  Thank you very much.  Having to explain the tummy rumbling to my co-workers without letting on that I'm goofing off on the internet.

For some strange reason I now want a steak for lunch.  They don't have those at McDonald's.

Try Arby's, that's as close as you can get.  Their corned beef is tasty as hell.

On 4/4/2019 at 5:06 PM, Isaac said:

my neighbor has that one. I don't think you can go wrong with either of those options.  It is a bit tricky getting the charcoal to the bottom of the barrel, and if you do need to reload, that is a challenge. But I've almost never needed to do that.  

I would like to play with one and will probably build one at some point. Just waiting for a drum to fall in my lap.

• Like 1